Question to Uri

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Uri Blass

Re: Question to Uri

Post by Uri Blass »

I already quit correspondence chess.

Practically part of the reason that I am ranked 14 in the world is that
in the last years that I played correspondence chess I did not play in new tournaments and mainly replaced an israeli player in some events and continued his games so I guess that I have something like 20 elo more than I should have.

Games that I did not start are considered for my rating in case that I win but are considered for the player that I replace in case that I do not win rating points.

My main advantage was that unlike part of my opponents I did not play in many tournament at the same time so I could invest more computer time on my games.

I practically used only infinite analysis(but not only in the root position and sometimes in different lines that the computer did not suggest) and I think that I did not have a lot of improvement to the computer in the last years that I played.
Rodolfo Leoni

Post by Rodolfo Leoni »

Thanks Uri. :)
Uri Blass wrote:......................................
(but not only in the root position and sometimes in different lines that the computer did not suggest) and I think that I did not have a lot of improvement to the computer in the last years that I played.
There could still be hope for human race. 8-)
F.S.I. Chess Teacher
MikeGL

Post by MikeGL »

Rodolfo Leoni wrote:Thanks Uri. :)
(but not only in the root position and sometimes in different lines that the computer did not suggest) and I think that I did not have a lot of improvement to the computer in the last years that I played.
My sentiment too. Humility is very rare these days. ; )
That post of Uri was probably one of the most humble post I have seen here since the past few years.

Milos

Post by Milos »

MikeGL wrote:
That post of Uri was probably one of the most humble post I have seen here since the past few years.
It is just totally honest.
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

MikeGL wrote:

It was a good post.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.