Cute Chess 1.0.0 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Gusev

Re: Cute Chess 1.0.0 released

Post by Gusev »

Let me humbly request support for tournament broadcasting to the Web to make the tournaments viewable from the PC and mobile devices alike. It's good to hear that there will be capability to interrupt and resume tournaments added! This is critical for broadcasting.
ilari

Post by ilari »

Gusev wrote:Let me humbly request support for tournament broadcasting to the Web to make the tournaments viewable from the PC and mobile devices alike. It's good to hear that there will be capability to interrupt and resume tournaments added! This is critical for broadcasting.
Broadcasting games and tournaments is one of our more ambitions goals. Current PGN+FTP based solutions are not great. We're going to do a whole new modern client + server implementation but obviously it's going to take a lot of time and effort.
Nordlandia

Post by Nordlandia »

Hello Ilari Pihlajisto

Some feedback ->

Let user choose to display nps in kilo nodes per second.

keeping score from white's perspective is something i wish can return.

Make it possible for engines to play one side always in matches.

Swap pondermove and ponderhit to predictedmove and predicted move accuracy if ponder is disabled. The latter makes sense, because most engine testers play without ponder.
Gusev

Post by Gusev »

Instead of doing a completely new client+server implementation, can you make your GUI compatible with Norman Schmidt's new CCCC, http://www.chesslogik.com/cccc, by any chance?
ilari wrote:
Gusev wrote:Let me humbly request support for tournament broadcasting to the Web to make the tournaments viewable from the PC and mobile devices alike. It's good to hear that there will be capability to interrupt and resume tournaments added! This is critical for broadcasting.
Broadcasting games and tournaments is one of our more ambitions goals. Current PGN+FTP based solutions are not great. We're going to do a whole new modern client + server implementation but obviously it's going to take a lot of time and effort.
Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

Thank you Ilari. In one post you mentioned that you will be able to play Swiss tournaments. When are you going to enter.
ilari

Post by ilari »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Ilari,

it's possible to added the following feature.

For eng-eng matches ...
Game ended with move x and GUI stopped after move x and saved the end position as *.epd file?

So I can created a rating list undo move x with my own FEOBOS book. End position *.epd in a new Excel file and the average of 10 engine evals give the point ... Remis = 0.25 - +0.25.

I have interest to made here after FEOBOS some experiments for better opening statistics.

Middlegame is most interesting for me.
Very important feature for people working on an opening book.

After all what I saw ... sure you have it in one hour.
My biggest wish for Cute Chess.

Best
Frank
I've made an issue about this. Not a difficult one but also not a high priority at the moment.
ilari

Post by ilari »

Nordlandia wrote:Hello Ilari Pihlajisto

Some feedback ->

Let user choose to display nps in kilo nodes per second.

keeping score from white's perspective is something i wish can return.

Make it possible for engines to play one side always in matches.

Swap pondermove and ponderhit to predictedmove and predicted move accuracy if ponder is disabled. The latter makes sense, because most engine testers play without ponder.
There are issues opened about each of these requests. Useful stuff for sure.
ilari

Post by ilari »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:Thank you Ilari. In one post you mentioned that you will be able to play Swiss tournaments. When are you going to enter.
We have so many high priority issues that I haven't found time to do Swiss pairings yet. I don't know when I have the time.
ilari

Post by ilari »

Gusev wrote:Instead of doing a completely new client+server implementation, can you make your GUI compatible with Norman Schmidt's new CCCC, http://www.chesslogik.com/cccc, by any chance?
ilari wrote:
cutechess-cli is already compatible with CCCC and is actually used by them. But they use pgn4web which is not good at all for realtime game broadcasting. Any PGN + FTP based solution is going to be lacking. Apparently there are no technically sound and well-documented options at the moment, which is why we'll create one. We'll make the API simple, secure and well-documented and open source the code so that it could be easily adopted by other interfaces or deployed to any web server.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Ilari,

very nice.
Middle prio is also good.
Need undo February 2018 for my own FEOBOS project.
After FEOBOS I will start tournaments or a rating list with games running max. undo move 35 or 40.

Shortly:

1. Important is that games are saved as *.pgn (*.epd I can create with pgn-extract). But if you like in additional as *.epd (the end position).

2. User should have the possibility to give a setting:
Abort game with move number x. So user can set 30, 35, 40 ...

If I have the end positions in EPD I can used an Excel file for an check with other engines and Excel can give 1:0, 0:1, draw with a short calculation.

And with all the data I will produce I can make the FEOBOS opening book later, after release version 1, much better.

BTW: If FEOBOS is ready feel free to use *.pgn / *.epd with or / and without move transpositions for an own CuteChess opening book if you like.

Thanks again for your great work.
I am very happy with your cutechess software.

Best
Frank