Komodo 11.2

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lkaufman

Komodo 11.2

Post by lkaufman »

Komodo 11.2 has been released at komodochess.com. We skipped over 11.1 as the elo gain from 11.01 is unusually large (estimated 24 elo) and also to avoid confusion between 11.01 and 11.1. Gains came from all areas, search, eval, and time management. As usual, it is free to subscribers (and to anyone who bought 11.01 in July) and discounted 20% to those who bought 10.00 or later version. It is the version that won the World Computer Championship this month with some speedups, a minor bugfix, and a changed UCI option default. We urge testing groups to test this version despite the short two month period since the last one, as the gains would usually take us four months or more.
Komodo rules!
Kurt Meyer

Re: Komodo 11.2

Post by Kurt Meyer »

Except for those who bought from ChessBase, right?

We have to pay again to receive the new version.

:evil:
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Post by Werner »

Thanks Larry,
started the first gauntlet against 5 different engines for CEGT 40/20.

best wishes

Werner
schack

Post by schack »

That's where educating yourself as a consumer could have been useful, Kurt.
Kurt Meyer

Post by Kurt Meyer »

It seems so John...

Anyway, I would expect a little more consideration and respect for customers like me, after all, the engine is the same...
kranium

Post by kranium »

Congrats to you and Mark for the significant Elo improvement!
Leo
Full name: Leo Anger

Post by Leo »

Komodo still relentlessly peruses Stockfish. I wont be surprised if it overtakes Stockfish at some point. I like this years long battle more than professional sports.
Advanced Micro Devices fan.
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

ChessBase doesn't normally sell or upgrade to the non-integer numbered versions (like 11.2), although we would certainly cooperate if they decide to do so. As it is now the most economical way to stay up to date is to become a subscriber, even if you originally bought from ChessBase to get their GUI, opening book, etc.
Komodo rules!
Kurt Meyer

Post by Kurt Meyer »

In resume, I´m not considered to be a Komodo customer to receive a discout for the new version?
lkaufman

Post by lkaufman »

Leo wrote:Komodo still relentlessly peruses Stockfish. I wont be surprised if it overtakes Stockfish at some point. I like this years long battle more than professional sports.
I expect Komodo will top all the non-blitz rating lists (and maybe even the blitz ones) now, but as usual we may have trouble beating the latest Stockfish dev. version in head-to-head matches. Just as in human chess, one player may be best in tournaments and another in matches.
Komodo rules!