Komodo 11.01

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

h1a8

Re: Komodo 11.01

Post by h1a8 »

Thanks.
When can we expect the latest Komodo for Android?
Any plans for komodo for ios?
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

h1a8 wrote:Thanks.
first question: soon. We are testing it now
second question: we are working on it. Since this is a part time project, I do not have any dates yet.
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

h1a8 wrote:Thanks.
Komodo 11 for Android has been released. You can find it in App on the google play store.
Hai

Post by Hai »

mjlef wrote:
h1a8 wrote: Any plans for komodo for ios?
we are working on it. Since this is a part time project, I do not have any dates yet.
That's great, we will be very happy to use Komodo 11 on iPad Pro 2 and iPhone 8. :D :D :D
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

MikeB wrote:
mjlef wrote:
schack wrote:Larry - without giving away trade secrets, how did you get the faster compile? More broadly, what compiler are you using?
I got some hints from some of the other engine compilers. One is simple, but I promised not to tell ( often helps about 1.2 of 1 percent!).
really - somebody does not want to share with the world their 1% gain trick with the rest of the world .... that's being pretty small , not you but the person who made you promised. A 1% gain is barely more than and ELO and they gave it the highest security. Just goes to show the world is full of f&@$ up people.
The trick was not especially clever, and I am sure many programmers have found it too.
Jesse Gersenson

Post by Jesse Gersenson »

"The trick was not especially clever, and I am sure many programmers have found it too," said the magician.
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Post by Ras »

Most probably using profile driven optimisation.