FEN - Flipper for Windows

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Ferdy
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: FEN - Flipper for Windows

Post by Ferdy » Thu May 18, 2017 4:45 am

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Ferdy wrote: Conversion was finally done after around 2 hrs and used a max of around 600 MB of memory.
I lazily load the EPD files into a listbox before processing it.
That eats memory and limits size of EPD file the tool can handle.
I shall change that and speed things up.
That would be great, as I have plan of converting the other 4 million pos.

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: FEN - Flipper for Windows 1.2

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Thu May 18, 2017 3:32 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote:FEN - Flipper 1.1

I have just added the handling of the "pm" and "c0" tags.

The STS Testsuite uses the "c0" tag to score moves.
FEN - Flipper 1.2

Handles large EPD files, and fast.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

Ferdy
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: FEN - Flipper for Windows 1.2

Post by Ferdy » Thu May 18, 2017 6:31 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:FEN - Flipper 1.1

I have just added the handling of the "pm" and "c0" tags.

The STS Testsuite uses the "c0" tag to score moves.
FEN - Flipper 1.2

Handles large EPD files, and fast.

Matthias.
Thanks, my 1.3 M pos is only around 1 minute :).

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: FEN - Flipper for Windows 1.2

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Thu May 18, 2017 6:52 pm

Ferdy wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
FEN - Flipper 1.2

Handles large EPD files, and fast.

Matthias.
Thanks, my 1.3 M pos is only around 1 minute :).
Did you look how much memory it now uses ? :roll:
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

Ferdy
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: FEN - Flipper for Windows 1.2

Post by Ferdy » Thu May 18, 2017 7:46 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Ferdy wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
FEN - Flipper 1.2

Handles large EPD files, and fast.

Matthias.
Thanks, my 1.3 M pos is only around 1 minute :).
Did you look how much memory it now uses ? :roll:
It is only 2.5 Mb.

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: FEN - Flipper for Windows 1.2

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Thu May 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Ferdy wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Did you look how much memory it now uses ? :roll:
It is only 2.5 Mb.
Interesting what we can achieve when we overcome laziness. :lol: :P
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

Ferdy
Posts: 4017
Joined: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:15 pm
Location: Philippines

Re: FEN - Flipper for Windows 1.2

Post by Ferdy » Thu May 18, 2017 9:05 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Ferdy wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Did you look how much memory it now uses ? :roll:
It is only 2.5 Mb.
Interesting what we can achieve when we overcome laziness. :lol: :P
True, I actually tried creating a converter using python, with output similar to _x file and ignoring the other opcodes, just the pieces, side, castling flags and ep square, 1.3 M is around 2 minutes.

Post Reply