ProDeo 2.3 [the BUDDY version]

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5478
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

ProDeo 2.3 [the BUDDY version]

Post by Rebel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:13 am

Are you tired playing chess programs and beaten all the time? Do you want to spank the silicon monster and feel the satisfaction of victory again? Then maybe the BUDDY version of ProDeo is something for you.

ProDeo 2.3 will inform you what the computer is plotting against you, give you powerful advices, warn you when you make a questionable move, give you insight in the positional aspects of the board position.

....

http://rebel13.nl/prodeo/prodeo%202.3.html

BrendanJNorman
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:43 pm
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Re: ProDeo 2.3 [the BUDDY version]

Post by BrendanJNorman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:00 pm

Rebel wrote:Are you tired playing chess programs and beaten all the time? Do you want to spank the silicon monster and feel the satisfaction of victory again? Then maybe the BUDDY version of ProDeo is something for you.

ProDeo 2.3 will inform you what the computer is plotting against you, give you powerful advices, warn you when you make a questionable move, give you insight in the positional aspects of the board position.

....

http://rebel13.nl/prodeo/prodeo%202.3.html
Thanks for another interesting innovation Ed! :wink:

I'll definitely give it a whirl and suggest it to my chess students.

By the way, would you ever consider making an online personality creator for Prodeo like Pawel has done for Rodent (this one http://www.pkoziol.cal24.pl/rodent/tuner.htm)?

That would be a dream come true for a lot of Prodeo fans I guarantee.

Please? :lol:

User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5478
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: ProDeo 2.3 [the BUDDY version]

Post by AdminX » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:19 pm

Nice work Ed! I wish there were a always on top for the command line window in the Windows OS. :)
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5478
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: ProDeo 2.3 [the BUDDY version]

Post by Rebel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:27 pm

BrendanJNorman wrote: By the way, would you ever consider making an online personality creator for Prodeo like Pawel has done for Rodent (this one http://www.pkoziol.cal24.pl/rodent/tuner.htm)?
Interesting but nothing seems to happen after "Save Personality".

BrendanJNorman
Posts: 2152
Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:43 pm
Full name: Brendan J Norman

Re: ProDeo 2.3 [the BUDDY version]

Post by BrendanJNorman » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:08 pm

Rebel wrote:
BrendanJNorman wrote: By the way, would you ever consider making an online personality creator for Prodeo like Pawel has done for Rodent (this one http://www.pkoziol.cal24.pl/rodent/tuner.htm)?
Interesting but nothing seems to happen after "Save Personality".
Works for me in Chrome.

I've made tons of Rodent personalities in this "tuner". :D

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5478
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: ProDeo 2.3 [the BUDDY version]

Post by Rebel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:34 pm

Indeed.

User avatar
MikeB
Posts: 4354
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:34 am
Location: Pen Argyl, Pennsylvania

Re: ProDeo 2.3 [the BUDDY version]

Post by MikeB » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:46 pm

Rebel wrote:Are you tired playing chess programs and beaten all the time? Do you want to spank the silicon monster and feel the satisfaction of victory again? Then maybe the BUDDY version of ProDeo is something for you.

ProDeo 2.3 will inform you what the computer is plotting against you, give you powerful advices, warn you when you make a questionable move, give you insight in the positional aspects of the board position.

....

http://rebel13.nl/prodeo/prodeo%202.3.html
Awesome Ed! +1

User avatar
Tibono
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:16 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: ProDeo 2.3 [the BUDDY version]

Post by Tibono » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:22 pm

Thanks Ed, nice gift.
Had to substitute "no popcount" sf7.exe in both SF71 & SF72 sub-directories due to my old CPU, but seems to work fine that way.
Just sharing the trick...
Kind regards, Eric

PK
Posts: 861
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:23 am
Location: Warsza
Contact:

Re: ProDeo 2.3 [the BUDDY version]

Post by PK » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:40 pm

If I get a specification of ProDeo options, I can write similar JavaScript tool to generate personality files.

User avatar
Rebel
Posts: 5478
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 am

Re: ProDeo 2.3 [the BUDDY version]

Post by Rebel » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:12 pm

PK wrote:If I get a specification of ProDeo options, I can write similar JavaScript tool to generate personality files.
Thanks, that's a lot of work, see: http://www.top-5000.nl/ProDeo.eng

I already made a start myself, see: http://www.top-5000.nl/pers.html

Nice job BTW.

Post Reply