Nemeton 1.5

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Stan Arts

Re: Nemeton 1.5

Post by Stan Arts »

Dokterchen wrote:Hi Stan,

SMP version?

Torsten
Hi Torsten,

SMP versions of the new 1.5 code were not ready at the time but I also did not realise there was any interest in them.

Wrote a new super fast (to me) software/non-GPU 3D renderer last year as a precursor to a real time software ray tracing voxel thing that I'm trying to do currently. But now I'm spending some time giving Nemeton a simple GUI because it needs one like Schess3D and Neurosis3D before it..

Will probably have a reasonable version ready in a week and then I'll also include the SMP versions.

Stan
Stan Arts

GUI for Nemeton: Nemeton3D

Post by Stan Arts »

Nemeton needed a GUI like Schess3D and Neurosis3D before it.

Here it is!

More features will be added but so far there are 5 easy modes from 500 to 2200 Elo besides full strength.
Sudden death and Fischer bonus timecontrols, save to PGN, set up a position etc.

You have the freedom to move around. That's the point of it. Use your WASD, QE and RF and arrowkeys to move around and hold your right mousebutton or SPACE to look around/change direction.

Has Nemeton built in so does not require the Winboard version to be there. Does like to read the config file for hash size and the openingbook file if they are around. The Winboard version is unchanged from the last release of version 1.5. 2 and 4 core SMP Winboard versions are included again in the separate folder.

If you have a 4K screen could you please tell me if it works correctly in full screen mode?
Please report other issues and suggestions as well!

https://www.mediafire.com/?mluc2n47udx6j03

For Win32/64. Want to try make an Android port eventually.

Stan

flok

Re: GUI for Nemeton: Nemeton3D

Post by flok »

verry pretty!
Stan Arts

Post by Stan Arts »

Dank u!

First update already..
Contained in the download link. Had written code so easy modes never move instantaniously but playing a 1 minute game ofcourse that doesn't work. They lose on time but Nemeton can't handle losing on time. Corrected so it only applies to book and 1 move replies as intended.
Also 1600 level unintentionally played much weaker by a typo. Corrected.
MikeB

Re: Nemeton 1.5

Post by MikeB »

Stan Arts wrote:Nemeton 1.5

Using mobility from the last full width plies movegenetion in evaluation. Sounds risky as quiescence captures have no effect on it but it's for free speed-wise and works better than expected.
Tuning down king safety better as pieces come off.
Passed pawns are scored better. Less to prevent wrong piece sacs but much more when they reach 7th.

In search doing researches on reduced nodes that were predicted wrong. A bit of Elo and longer PV's though I don't like how it sits in my code so probably just temporary.

Code: Select all

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoJ9t41CkccXhH3LWi4CehMFTvYm 
Happy holidays,
Stan Arts
the link below will work...(using tiny url)

link
Stan Arts

Post by Stan Arts »

Stan Arts wrote: If you have a 4K screen could you please tell me if it works correctly in full screen mode?
No one?
Stan Arts

Post by Stan Arts »

Added.

-Fast sliding pieces
-Drag and drop to square
-Taller bishops
-Mouse cursor restored to old position instead of centered when leaving mouse look. Only read keyboard and mouse when active window and better responsiveness to mouseclicks.
-Colour changes.
mar
Full name: Martin Sedlak

Post by mar »

Stan Arts wrote:
Stan Arts wrote: If you have a 4K screen could you please tell me if it works correctly in full screen mode?
No one?
Sorry, no 4K, but I have a suggestion: add subpixel correction to your sw rasterizer.
Stan Arts

Post by Stan Arts »

Added.:

A red lightbulb in the clock buttons upon flagging.
Adding 99 centiseconds to the clock displays as that's how my DGT seems to do it Ie.: Display initial time for a second and flag immediately upon 00:00.
Bishops and knights taller again.
Various stuff.

The 5 strength reduced modes to the Winboard version as well. Set in the configuration file. No other changes since 1.5.

mar wrote: Sorry, no 4K, but I have a suggestion: add subpixel correction to your sw rasterizer.
Rendering at 2x resolution now.
Stan Arts

Post by Stan Arts »

Update.

- Option for coordinates next to the board.
- Can choose a black background instead of the grey default.
- Move list on screen option. In SAN now which was tricky because I stored game history as two bytes per move without SAN information which I only generated for the PV moves. Had to separate it so it can be used everywhere without adding extra code because adding code is bad. Also the pondermove and game PGN's are stored in SAN.
- Some default timecontrols to choose from. Say you want a game in 60 minutes then it's nice to not have the click the minute up button 55 times.
- Fixed a bug where the underpromotion dialog box would not always show up when pondering.
- Better proportioned rooks.
- Slowed piece sliding down slightly.
- Small start up animation just to show off.