Andscacs - New version 0.89

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
cdani
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:24 am
Location: Andorra
Contact:

Re: Andscacs - New version 0.89

Post by cdani » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:50 pm

leslies wrote:thanks for new version but there is no syzygy window in the andscacsb version.
Here it is:

http://www.andscacs.com/andscacs089z.zip

As told can be unstable.

Frank Quisinsky
Posts: 4856
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: Trier, Germany
Contact:

Re: Andscacs - New version 0.89

Post by Frank Quisinsky » Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:58 pm

Hi Daniel,

let me test this one (with syzygy support).
I am using 4-pieces for my rating list.

If I see problems I will give you a hint in tournament selection (Andscacs thread if your engine is still running ... will be start around Dec. 15th, or 16th, 2016 ... after the still running Pedone test-run).

Thanks for the syzygy version!

I will have max power with Contempt = 15.
Maybe place 6 is possible ... now stronger as GullChess!

:-)

Best
Frank
I like computer chess!

leslies
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:04 pm

Re: Andscacs - New version 0.89

Post by leslies » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:08 am

thanks also.whats is best for contempt for analyzing?

Frank Quisinsky
Posts: 4856
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm
Location: Trier, Germany
Contact:

Re: Andscacs - New version 0.89

Post by Frank Quisinsky » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:17 am

Hi Leslie,

for analyses contempt is really not very important. More for eng-eng matches vs. a group of weaker engines. Topic is to avoid draw in the beginning of games ... after opening book moves.

Have fun!

Best
Frank
I like computer chess!

User avatar
cdani
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:24 am
Location: Andorra
Contact:

Re: Andscacs - New version 0.89

Post by cdani » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:07 am

pferd wrote:Thanks this release!
I am testing the Linux version and it crashes when i let it analyze the following position in console mode. See output below.
I will try to find what happens. Only that don't expect any solution soon, as I never debugged anything on Linux. I can only hope to solve it fast :-)

User avatar
cdani
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:24 am
Location: Andorra
Contact:

Re: Andscacs - New version 0.89

Post by cdani » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:12 am

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Daniel,

let me test this one (with syzygy support).
I am using 4-pieces for my rating list.
Ok! I hope it does not give you problems. Is possible that you don't have anyone, as all the problems I had or others reported where on SMP games.

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Daniel,
I will have max power with Contempt = 15.
Maybe place 6 is possible ... now stronger as GullChess!
Let's see what happens. I have no idea of the best contempt setting for it. Maybe something like 10 will be better? I tell this because for the best ones if 15 is ok, as Andscacs is weaker should be less. With contempt 15 maybe it will lose a lot of games in front of the top engines.
leslies wrote:thanks also.whats is best for contempt for analyzing?
Sure 0, no contempt. For analyzing you want the best move, not speculative ones.

pferd
Posts: 123
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Re: Andscacs - New version 0.89

Post by pferd » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:00 am

cdani wrote:
pferd wrote:Thanks this release!
I am testing the Linux version and it crashes when i let it analyze the following position in console mode. See output below.
I will try to find what happens. Only that don't expect any solution soon, as I never debugged anything on Linux. I can only hope to solve it fast :-)
Thanks for your efforts :D

If there is any way I can help you, let me know.

User avatar
velmarin
Posts: 1600
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:48 am

Re: Andscacs - New version 0.89

Post by velmarin » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:50 am

cdani wrote:
leslies wrote:thanks for new version but there is no syzygy window in the andscacsb version.
Here it is:

http://www.andscacs.com/andscacs089z.zip

As told can be unstable.
A test of about 300 games, in Fritz 15 with 6 pieces sizygy, no problems.
No broken game, and correct TBhits output.

Daniel, en Fritz 15 sin problemas aparentes. Buen trabajo.

User avatar
cdani
Posts: 2105
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:24 am
Location: Andorra
Contact:

Re: Andscacs - New version 0.89

Post by cdani » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:53 pm

velmarin wrote:
cdani wrote:
leslies wrote:thanks for new version but there is no syzygy window in the andscacsb version.
Here it is:

http://www.andscacs.com/andscacs089z.zip

As told can be unstable.
A test of about 300 games, in Fritz 15 with 6 pieces sizygy, no problems.
No broken game, and correct TBhits output.

Daniel, en Fritz 15 sin problemas aparentes. Buen trabajo.
Thanks! ¡Gracias!
Was an one-core test?
Is possible that it crashes only on SMP.

User avatar
velmarin
Posts: 1600
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:48 am

Re: Andscacs - New version 0.89

Post by velmarin » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:58 pm

Yes one core.
I'll try three cores this afternoon.

Post Reply