Fire 5 question ...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Fire 5 question ...

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Norman,

sooner or later you release Fire 5 ...
I hope you made it before my list ended.

The question I have:
It's possible to added the Contempt parameter?
10-20 Elo more will be the result!

The fight for the places is more interesting if you do that!
That will be fine!!

Have a good time ...
And I am glad to see Fire 5.

Best
Frank
carldaman

Re: Fire 5 question ...

Post by carldaman »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Hi Norman,

sooner or later you release Fire 5 ...
I hope you made it before my list ended.

The question I have:
It's possible to added the Contempt parameter?
10-20 Elo more will be the result!

The fight for the places is more interesting if you do that!
That will be fine!!

Have a good time ...
And I am glad to see Fire 5.

Best
Frank
+1 Hope we see Fire 5 soon. :)
kranium

Post by kranium »

Hi guys- testing chess960 implementation as we speak. It's looking ok, and running overnight using Ilari's new (fantastic) cutechess GUI...

I should be releasing it soon, but intend to wait until after Houdini arrives.

Regards,
Norm
kranium

Post by kranium »

In the meantime, I've recently finished a broadcast system using cutechess, pgn4web, palview, 40H-PGN tools, AutoVer...

Currently finishing testing (and it's running perfectly) via a small round robin tournament with SF 8 and Komodo 10.2 (the top 8 from CCRL 40/40):
http://www.chesslogik.com/cccc/live.html

There's only couple seconds delay in move transmission, it's about as 'live' as possible.

It uses quite a bit of DOS/Windows batch, powershell, and javascript for data/stats integration... I'll try to post it soon on Github soon for anyone interested in live broadcasting.
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

kranium wrote:In the meantime, I've recently finished a broadcast system using cutechess, pgn4web, palview, 40H-PGN tools, AutoVer...

Currently finishing testing (and it's running perfectly) via a small round robin tournament with SF 8 and Komodo 10.2 (the top 8 from CCRL 40/40):

There's only couple seconds delay in move transmission, it's about as 'live' as possible.

It uses quite a bit of DOS/Windows batch, powershell, and javascript for data/stats integration... I'll try to post it soon on Github soon for anyone interested in live broadcasting.
Pretty broadcast ! Thank you !
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Re: Your Broadcast work ... FCP Rating List, new group?

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Norm,

So nice!!
Again much better and in the near of perfection.
Important is to have all without publicity, main reason why I am not looking in TCEC. Simple, I don't like all the publicity on the site.

To late for using for my FCP Rating List but not to late for using new things I will start middle of next year. I hope you can help me Norm to integrate it.

With a database from over 300.000 games maybe a new Rating List will be create by others with such a tool ... it would be my dream because all the work I do here isn't lost.

Maybe a work again a group of people are able to start. This group of people can have a perfect start!

If such people have interest to do it my complete files can be used for it and I hope without publicity. To expensive was the work I do here.

Best
Frank
Maharadja

Post by Maharadja »

kranium wrote:In the meantime, I've recently finished a broadcast system using cutechess, pgn4web, palview, 40H-PGN tools, AutoVer...

Very nice!!!
rainhaus
Full name: Rainer Neuhäusler

Post by rainhaus »

Hi Norman,

Nice to read you in the forum again, on top of that with these good news. When I remember well, Frank Quisinsky had predicted it: 2016 will be a good year for computer chess. I don’t' know exactly where, when and why he made this prophecy, but how right he was about that. After the new-born Shredder and the long overdue Stockfish 8, Fire5 and Houdini 5 would be the cherries on the opulent 2016-engine- cake. Well advised is the energy-conscious engine operator with a photovoltaic plant on his roof, because a never ending tournament-winter lies before.
I hope time is on R. Houdart 's side and you can make your final tuning as soon as possible.
I guess, it will come to a hard and inspiring fight for the 4th ranking position between Fire 5 and Shredder 13.

Wish you the best
rn
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Really nice. The table display could be improved though.

I guesss you know what I mean? ;-)
(It cannot be deducted who played whom because vertical/horizontal axes
give different number of participants)

Code: Select all

Crosstable              1       2       3       4       5       6       7       8       9       10      11      12      13      14      15      16              Points

Stockfish 8             1       1       1       1       1       1       =       =       =       =       1       =       =       =       =       1               12
Komodo 10.2             =       1       =       =       1       =       =       1       1       1       1       =       1       =       1                       11½
Fire 5                  =       1       =       =       =       0       1       1       =       0       =       1       =       1       1                       9½
Houdini 4               1       0       =       1       0       =       =       0       =       =       1       =       0       1       0                       7
Gull 3.syz              =       1       0       0       0       1       =       0       1       =       0       =       1       =       0                       6½
Andscacs 0.88           0       0       =       0       =       1       =       1       0       =       0       0       0       =       1                       5½
Critter 1.6a            0       0       =       =       =       0       0       =       0       =       0       1       1       0       =                       5
Fizbo 1.8               =       0       =       =       =       0       =       0       =       =       =       0       0       0       0       0               4
kranium

Post by kranium »

Hi Guenther-

The crosstable is generated by Palview, and the format perhaps leaves something to be desired...

You can however see info about each game (the 2 players, round #, # of moves, and opening) by hovering your mouse cursor over the result of choice. Then by clicking you can view a javascript replay.