Is Komodo 11 on the way?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Alexander Schmidt

Re: Your move ...

Post by Alexander Schmidt »

Frank Quisinsky wrote: ... it was 40/2
Nope.
PaulieD wrote:Time~20" + .2"
Alexander Schmidt

Re: Correction ... all what we need is Komodo 12.

Frank Quisinsky wrote:And Houdini?
Do you think really that one Person alone can top SF without to use the knowledge, freely available in Stockfish sources. A person made in the past a 1:1 Robolino copy and tell us ... all is mine.
I am looking forward to see if Houdini 5 is a successor of the Ippo-fork or of Stockfish. 8-)
mjlef

Re: Is Komodo 11 on the way?

Post by mjlef »

S.Taylor wrote:Or even Komodo 10.3 or 10.4 or whatever, but with great improvements even over 10.2, in playing strength (a general term, i know)?
I actually feel that Komodo needs to try to get about 100 more elo, to get to first place. But THEN it would be very good for a long time, i think.
Komodo needs to safely overtake SF8 as well as what ever is in store for us with Houdini 5.
So WILL Komodo add something close to a further 100 elo by christmas, by next TCEC or by it's superfinal? Or will it only have 100 elo in 20 months from now, being +- 5 elo per month?
Larry and I are hard at work on Komodo, but we just released Komodo 10.2, so we are unlikely to release anything for a while. There is no way we can predict how many elo we might gain in any given time, but we continue to learn more and make progress.

As for how Komodo 10.2 does against Stockfish 8, we just have to wait for people to run enough games. The limited games I see show Stockfish is about 50 elo stronger at 60 sec + 0.6 secs (that was the fast special BMI build of Stockfish). Generally, rating differences contract at longer time controls due to more draws. IPON at a longer time control is showing 30 elo. I am sure longer time control matches will be completed and published once people have time to run the games. So I do not think 100 elo will be needed (although that would be great!).

MArk
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Ups, Paul will get my sorry!

Partience with me ...
in two months 50 ... hurra I have a new stock excuse!

1:0 for myself!

Wonder about the results, maybe only games SF vs. Komodo without many other opponents?

Best
Frank
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Ups, Paul will get my sorry!

Partience with me ...
in two months 50 ... hurra I have a new stock excuse!

1:0 for myself!

Wonder about the results, maybe only games SF vs. Komodo without many other opponents?

Best
Frank
You're cute... I really love the Translator you are using :lol:
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Alex,

let us wait of it.

Robert is working with a lot of easy tricks.
Extrem Contempt for an example.

On the other hand ... the endgame of Houdini is indeed great. In my opinion the programmer must do a lot here and 2 years no other program are stronger.

I will not give him again a red card for that what he do in first times with ... "all is mine". I made also enough mistakes in my life.

I am sure he is a very good programmer but I am sure too that he have the wisdom not eaten. I hope he is fair in his readme file with Houdini 5. If so all is OK ...

Gibt es das im amerikanischen ...
Weisheit nicht gefressen?

Shit English.

Best
Frank
Frank Quisinsky

Hi Anil,

listen ...
In my school time I had a wonderful -women- english teacher!

Teacherin :-)
Oh, that is very bad English but Frankish ... good enough too.

So my eyes goes in the right direction and my ears are disabled.

Private secret information for yourself ... not for the others!

Best
Frank
Alexander Schmidt

Frank Quisinsky wrote:Gibt es das im amerikanischen ...
Weisheit nicht gefressen?
Grundsätzlich sollte man solche Sachen nicht wörtl. übersetzen :D

Ich guck dann meist bei leo.org, dort findet man Diskussionen zu solchen Redewendungen im Forum.

https://dict.leo.org/forum/viewUnsolved ... de&lp=ende
Frank Quisinsky

Re: Is Komodo 11 on the way?

Hi Mark,

gentlemen live comments are often much better as to aggressive answers. OK, OK ... I understand.

Good games I can see here from Komodo 10.2.
I have a lot of fun at the moment and so many work at home

:-(

OK, must working now ... not looking on the board on my PC this evening. Only 1-2 hours and then I will start my private work in the night. Yes, this is a good solution.

Thanks again for Komodo!

Best
Frank