Arasan 19.2

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

syzygy

Re: Arasan 19.2

Post by syzygy »

JVMerlino wrote:
Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:I used tablebase 6 men syzygy.
Well, that's a bug, then. Or an error in setup, I suppose. :)
Since the TBs do not give distance to mate, once it reaches a TB position Arasan probably switches to searching for mate without probing TBs. So Arasan probably just has difficulties finding the mate in 29 here.

The reason Arasan outputs 7.24 and not a "TB win" value seems to be that Arasan, when searching a root TB position like here, intentionally outputs the "raw" search score (returned by a probeless search).

SF takes much the same approach, but does not output the "raw" search score but a "TB win" value (unless the search returned a mate score). That is less confusing, as this thread shows ;-)
Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

Can I use tablebase or not, it does not matter because the engine still can not find your mate.

Now the game is I am writing this engine gave the items to 7. 88 and passed time 22 minutes.
Colin-G

Post by Colin-G »

I am unable to run any of the Arasan 19.2 .exe files in Arena using linux with wine.
They immediately crash.
(Linux Mint 17 and Mint 18, wine 1.6, cpu AMD A4 6300, Arena 3.5)
I have no problems with Arasan 17.3 or earlier versions with the same conditions.
I tried to compile my own windows executables using i686-w64-mingw32-g++ instead of g++ but failed.
Although I have windows computers as well as linux, I do not have the Microsoft software to use the windows Makefile.
I have successfuly compiled 32 and 64 bit native linux versions though.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

SzG wrote:Maybe if you choose syzygy instead of none it will use the TB's...
Don't underestimate the 'None' bases. They are very compact ;-)
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: My comparative test on 32-bit !

Post by Sylwy »