Deep Shredder 13 Windows out

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

schack

Re: Deep Shredder 13 Windows out

Post by schack »

Has anyone been able to get Shredder 13 to recognize Syzygy tablebases within a Chessbase GUI? I've tried the 'engine paramaters' dialogue to no avail.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

schack wrote:Has anyone been able to get Shredder 13 to recognize Syzygy tablebases within a Chessbase GUI? I've tried the 'engine paramaters' dialogue to no avail.
I have not seen any information that would indicate Shredder 13 would use Syzygy at all?
(There are its own Shredderbases anyway)
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Guenther wrote:
schack wrote:Has anyone been able to get Shredder 13 to recognize Syzygy tablebases within a Chessbase GUI? I've tried the 'engine paramaters' dialogue to no avail.
I have not seen any information that would indicate Shredder 13 would use Syzygy at all?
You can set a path for Syzygy tablebases in the parameters.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Graham Banks wrote:
Guenther wrote:
Thanks for the info! I have just finished around 85% of a new column for the XB/UCI chronology, which shows EGTB usage and its type.
Probably ready tomorrow or the day after.

Edit:
Is Nalimov and Shredderbase still present in the uci options in the engine?
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Guenther wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Guenther wrote:
Thanks for the info! I have just finished around 85% of a new column for the XB/UCI chronology, which shows EGTB usage and its type.
Probably ready tomorrow or the day after.

Edit:
Is Nalimov and Shredderbase still present in the uci options in the engine?
No - just Shredderbases and Syzygy.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
schack

Post by schack »

Right, I tried that and (a) nothing changes in the engine output and (b) the changes to the parameters don't persist through a GUI restart.

I'm very confused!
rcmaddox
Full name: Robert C. Maddox

Post by rcmaddox »

schack wrote:Right, I tried that and (a) nothing changes in the engine output and (b) the changes to the parameters don't persist through a GUI restart.

I'm very confused!
Another thing I noticed ... Fritz doesn't display the "UCI_Shredderbases Path" as a parameter. Arena and Aquarium both show it as a configurable UCI option.

I remember reading that Shredderbases work alongside Nalimov tablebases. What's the situation with Syzygy? Should we choose one or the other - or both?
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

smk wrote:I have just released the Windows versions of the new Shredder 13 series on shredderchess.com.

At one point it had to happen :-)

shredderchess.de will be next.
The Mac and Linux versions will follow in a few days.

Thanks to all for their patience
Stefan
Note:
Chess Engine Deep Shredder 13 Shredder 13 Shredder Classic 5 has NO w32 XP support...A shame...AR 8-) :roll:

ps..Android?
Henrik Dinesen

Post by Henrik Dinesen »

smk wrote:I have just released the Windows versions of the new Shredder 13 series on shredderchess.com.

Stefan
Installed DS 12 again few days ago and wondered if it was the last Shredder ... I'm glad it isn't!

Patience ... You have stretched the word, Stefan, but I'm alot like that too ... Thanks!

Henrik
Henrik
IWB

Post by IWB »

supersharp77 wrote:

Stefan
Note:
Chess Engine Deep Shredder 13 Shredder 13 Shredder Classic 5 has NO w32 XP support...A shame...AR 8-) :roll:

ps..Android?
Note:
My last car, bought 2015, does not support an exchange of the horses ... ahhh engine, every 50 km (ml) along the road. A shame IB 8-) :roll:

ps: electro drive?