The Official Fishbook Opening Books Released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Milos

Re: The Official Fishbook Opening Books Released

Post by Milos »

Laskos wrote:Why Dynamic is in Arena format? Can you post it in Polyglot bin format? What is this Goby executable?
Polyglot is a nightmare formate for book maintenance despite being the most compatible one due to Polyglot itself. There is not a single editor that would allow you to edit or even properly manually go through polyglot book. So I really don't get it why ppl still insist on Polyglot relict of the stone age.
Regarding Arena I don't know if you are aware but there is an easy script to convert abk to pgn and then you can do whatever you like once you get the pgn. So Arena is very helpful format.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

I d like to use cerebrellum on arena, but the book is .bin so I don't know how to use it. Is it possible to use it on arena ? If so, how to do that ?
fantasmadel50

Post by fantasmadel50 »

Donald Jordan thank you very much for your books. One question, am evaluating the dynamic fishbook vs cerebellum .bin in the gui sand. But not if I'm doing well, I did this: 1) Load the fishbook gui abk in the sand. 2) Load the cerebellum in the book .bin path. 3) A book for each of the 2 motors. This is fine? Thank you very much for your reply . Donald Jordan muchas gracias por sus libros. Una pregunta, estoy evaluando al fishbook dynamic vs cerebellum .bin, en el arena gui. Pero no se si lo estoy haciendo bien , hice esto: 1)Cargue el abk fishbook en la gui del arena. 2) Cargue el cerebellum .bin en el book path. 3) Un libro para cada uno de los 2 motores. Esto esta bien ? Muchas gracias por su respuesta .
fantasmadel50

Post by fantasmadel50 »

Jean Baptiste, you have to place it inside the engine configuration, book path. The sand gui only takes abk extenciones books. Jean Baptiste , tiene que colocarlo dentro de la configuracion del motor, book path . El arena gui solo toma extenciones abk de libros.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

fantasmadel50 wrote:Jean Baptiste, you have to place it inside the engine configuration, book path. The sand gui only takes abk extenciones books. Jean Baptiste , tiene que colocarlo dentro de la configuracion del motor, book path . El arena gui solo toma extenciones abk de libros.
Thanks you for your answer. I only speak english.

So you re saying it won't work with arena because Arena plays only with abk extension ?
fantasmadel50

Post by fantasmadel50 »

NO if it works !!! I repeat you have to enter the path of the .bin book within the book cerebellum path of the engine.
fantasmadel50

Post by fantasmadel50 »

The cerebellum a book engine, .bin, therefore any gui you have to enter the path, depending on where your pc has istalado in the book. 1) Position the engine in the gui, 2) go into its configuration (engine parameters) 3) I am writing a book path 4) AHI I write Route 5) EJ C: \ BRIANFISH \ Cerebellum_Light.bin
drj4759

Post by drj4759 »

If I get it correctly, you evaluated Fishbook vs. Cerebellum but you don't have good results.

I don't guarantee that everyone will get good results because the computer systems we use are not the same and this random things gets random results.

The best indicator that Fishbook is configured correctly is when you see that it consistently out-maneuvered Cerebellum in terms of moves. As early as 12 moves, Cerebellum is out of stored moves and sometimes reach the 30th move absorbing the ready instant moves of Fishbook.

If this is not the case, then the Arena configuration for Fishbook is not correct. It is best not to touch anything, otherwise you will end up with a sabotaged Fishbook.
drj4759

Post by drj4759 »

The Cerebellum opening book with bin format is not compatible with Arena abk format.

You will configure Cerebellum from the BrainFish UCI options menu. But if you intend to use Cerebellum with other chess engines other than Brainfish you are out of luck. There is only one engine I know that can do that. It is one of the latest Shark versions cloned from Stockfish/Brainfish. The configuration procedure is the same as Cerebellum.

The only thing undesirable with BrainFish vs. Shark is that you will end up with only one kind of opening used by both for white and black. Very often, they will have same moves up to the 36th and the one who wins at the end of the boring repeated ridiculous games is the clone.
Milos

Post by Milos »

drj4759 wrote:Try it before posting sarcastic comments and shut up if you find out.
Now that I can finally download, I took some time to try it out. Lines are highly selective and almost exclusively made to beat Brainfish book (bring Brainfish as soon as possible out if its book). I think it would take me not more than a day to modify Brainfish book to destroy Fishbook Dynamic. On most of the lines I could get it out of the book by move 7.
Does it make its goal to win against Brainfish - it certainly does. Is it useful as a general book, absolutely not!