EXchess v7.92 and AMD Processors

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

dchoman

EXchess v7.92 and AMD Processors

Post by dchoman »

I've had a couple of reports in the last couple of days of problems running EXchess v7.92 on AMD processors. At the moment, I am not sure what may be causing the issue, as I am still using the same compiler and options as previous versions; however, I've decided to take down v7.92 until I have time to take a deeper look. Unfortunately that probably won't be until December as I am extremely busy until that time.

- Dan
Modern Times

Re: EXchess v7.92 and AMD Processors

Post by Modern Times »

I played well over 1,000 games with it on my AMD FX8350 without a single issue. I haven't tried it on my older X6 1090t though.
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

dchoman wrote:I've had a couple of reports in the last couple of days of problems running EXchess v7.92 on AMD processors. At the moment, I am not sure what may be causing the issue, as I am still using the same compiler and options as previous versions; however, I've decided to take down v7.92 until I have time to take a deeper look. Unfortunately that probably won't be until December as I am extremely busy until that time.

- Dan
Did you set your google site as private for that reason?
I just ran a link check for the XB/UCI chronology and https://sites.google.com/site/experimentalchessprogram/ needs permission now.
The problem is now that older versions also cannot be accessed.

Guenther
Colin-G

Post by Colin-G »

Guenther wrote:
dchoman wrote:I've had a couple of reports in the last couple of days of problems running EXchess v7.92 on AMD processors. At the moment, I am not sure what may be causing the issue, as I am still using the same compiler and options as previous versions; however, I've decided to take down v7.92 until I have time to take a deeper look. Unfortunately that probably won't be until December as I am extremely busy until that time.

- Dan
I just ran a link check for the XB/UCI chronology and https://sites.google.com/site/experimentalchessprogram/ needs permission now.

Guenther
Does anyone know when EXchess will be available again?
The latest version that I have is v7.31b
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Colin-G wrote:
Guenther wrote:

- Dan

Guenther
Does anyone know when EXchess will be available again?
The latest version that I have is v7.31b
Sorry, no information, but as he wrote he had foreseen very busy days till the end of 2016. I hope we will see something again in February.
At least EXchess was always active for two decades now!