Crafty 25.1 Release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Graham Banks

Re: Crafty 25.1 Release

Post by Graham Banks »

petero2 wrote: You could try this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/896 ... ty-25.1.7z

Some notes:
* The 32-bit versions don't include syzygy support because of inline assembly code that failed to compile.
* I have only tested the windows versions in linux using wine.
* The windows versions should work in windows xp and later.
* The -old versions should work even if the CPU does not support the popcnt instruction.
* Profile guided optimization is not used. (Too complicated to use when cross-compiling.)
* crafty-win64.exe and crafty-win32.exe are optimized for intel core i7.
Thanks Peter. Your compiles work for me. :)
gbanksnz at gmail.com
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

The same here! Thanks Peter.

Eran
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

petero2 wrote:
Modern Times wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
wolfman wrote:It is a pity that non of the compiles are working for me.
Perhaps Jim Ablett can make working compiles.
Eran vd Wolf
I can't test Crafty 25.1 either, as these compiles don't work for me.
So strange. Dann's compile works fine on one of my AMD machines but I haven't tried it on the other.
You could try this: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/896 ... ty-25.1.7z

Some notes:
* The 32-bit versions don't include syzygy support because of inline assembly code that failed to compile.
* The -old versions should work even if the CPU does not support the popcnt instruction.
* Profile guided optimization is not used. (Too complicated to use when cross-compiling.)
BTW when we are already at this. Peter would it be possible to create a folder in your dropbox user profile which shows/allows directory listing at least for the files which really are meant public?
(After a while = months/years it is quite tedious to guess/search for older download links.)
petero2
Full name: Peter Osterlund

Post by petero2 »

Guenther wrote:
petero2 wrote:
Modern Times wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Eran vd Wolf
So strange. Dann's compile works fine on one of my AMD machines but I haven't tried it on the other.

Some notes:
BTW when we are already at this. Peter would it be possible to create a folder in your dropbox user profile which shows/allows directory listing at least for the files which really are meant public?
(After a while = months/years it is quite tedious to guess/search for older download links.)
Good idea. I have created a link to a shared folder where file listing is allowed:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v16dye7ww33x ... 1ihcsBCu3a
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

petero2 wrote:
Guenther wrote:
petero2 wrote:
Modern Times wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Eran vd Wolf

Some notes:
Good idea. I have created a link to a shared folder where file listing is allowed:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v16dye7ww33x ... 1ihcsBCu3a
Thanks and suddenly we have a new Texel beta too :)
Ras
Full name: Rasmus Althoff

Post by Ras »

petero2 wrote:* Profile guided optimization is not used. (Too complicated to use when cross-compiling.)
Woah, is that actually possible, and be it for individual C files?
petero2
Full name: Peter Osterlund

Post by petero2 »

Ras wrote:
petero2 wrote:* Profile guided optimization is not used. (Too complicated to use when cross-compiling.)
I guess it could in principle be possible since linux can run windows binaries using WINE. I have no idea if it can be made to work in practice and I consider it too complicated to try to find out.
pferd

Post by pferd »

petero2 wrote:
Ras wrote:
I guess it could in principle be possible since linux can run windows binaries using WINE. I have no idea if it can be made to work in practice and I consider it too complicated to try to find out.
With Stockfish it was possible. But then something changed and today it is not possible for me.

I once again tried to to compile a simple HelloWorld.c but the linking failed:

Code: Select all

x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc -fprofile-generate  -lgcov  HelloWorld.c   -o HelloWorld
/tmp/ccjDTfGe.o:HelloWorld.c:(.text+0x1a): undefined reference to `__gcov_indirect_call_profiler_v2'
/tmp/ccjDTfGe.o:HelloWorld.c:(.text+0x46): undefined reference to `__gcov_time_profiler'
/tmp/ccjDTfGe.o:HelloWorld.c:(.data+0xa0): undefined reference to `__gcov_merge_time_profile'
/tmp/ccjDTfGe.o:HelloWorld.c:(.rdata$.refptr.__gcov_indirect_call_callee[.refptr.__gcov_indirect_call_callee]+0x0): undefined reference to `__gcov_indirect_call_callee'
collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status
<builtin>&#58; recipe for target 'HelloWorld' failed
make&#58; *** &#91;HelloWorld&#93; Error 1
I found several discussions on the internet but none of them helped me. Using -ftest-coverage -fprofile-arcs as described in one wikipedia article works is a slowdown to me.

Does anybody know what happend with -fprofile-generate with mingw on linux?
tmokonen
Full name: Tony Mokonen

Post by tmokonen »

Thank you for sharing your folder, Peter. The incessant collector in me is always thrilled to find old versions of engines that I had not had in my collection before.