Cute Chess 0.9.3 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Engin
Full name: Engin Üstün

Re: Cute Chess 0.9.3 released

Post by Engin »

Please ! can you add that it runs 8 games in a row if i have only 8 CPUS, instead its running 10 games at same time.

i mean allow running games at same time that you have CPUS
Engin
Full name: Engin Üstün

Post by Engin »

ah, ok i found that feature what i want allready in settings "Maximum number of concurrent games = 8"

in the prevous version it was not implemented, many thanks !
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Engin wrote:ah, ok i found that feature what i want allready in settings "Maximum number of concurrent games = 8"

in the prevous version it was not implemented, many thanks !
I would leave 1 thread for OS tasks, in this case concurrency of 7.
PaulieD

Post by PaulieD »

PaulieD wrote:I have attempted 2 tournaments at SF STC (10+.1 secs)
with asmFish 160916,SF7,Komodo 10.1, and Houdini 4.

Total of 1000 games against each opponent for a total of 3000 for the match, concurrency is 3.

It has crashed twice. Also the results for asmFish were far below what I get when I use cutechess-cli 0.6.1 with CuGen.
I also noticed that when "Highlight legal moves" is unchecked, it still continues to highlight them.
ilari

Post by ilari »

ilari wrote:
Ferdy wrote:You can download it here.

https://sites.google.com/site/zhassociation/download

Check start positions dir, then take ccva-60start.pgn
Thanks. I just left a 3-player 24000 game tournament with concurrency=4 running. Hopefully the bug can be reproduced.
I reproduced the bug after about 100 games. It's actually the same bug as before, my fix just wasn't thorough enough.
ilari

Post by ilari »

PaulieD wrote:

Total of 1000 games against each opponent for a total of 3000 for the match, concurrency is 3.

It has crashed twice. Also the results for asmFish were far below what I get when I use cutechess-cli 0.6.1 with CuGen.
I also noticed that when "Highlight legal moves" is unchecked, it still continues to highlight them.
You mean the black dots that appear when you put the mouse cursor over a piece? They should go away if you uncheck "highlight legal moves". I don't know why it wouldn't work on some setup.
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

ilari wrote:
PaulieD wrote:
You mean the black dots that appear when you put the mouse cursor over a piece? They should go away if you uncheck "highlight legal moves". I don't know why it wouldn't work on some setup.
No problem here. It even works on the fly.
Guenther

Post by Guenther »

Just another suggestion:

Instead of leaving all grey for the white clock, just invert the box of the black
clock for it. Somehow it looks better at least IMHO.

PaulieD

Post by PaulieD »

ilari wrote:
PaulieD wrote:

No, I thought that feature referenced the yellow arrows. They stay no matter what.
pedrox

Post by pedrox »

You can use the file "engines.json" of previous versions to use the engines in the new GUI?