Houdini 5 dev in TCEC

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dirt

Re: Houdini 5 dev in TCEC

Post by Dirt »

brianr wrote:I for one find the handheld device benchmarks quite interesting (and highly relevant). While it has many posts, an updated table is periodically included so as to not have to go too far back. Moreover, there is a lot of work behind those posts.
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: PS. Is not it possible to delete that very-stupid benchmark-new-smartphones thread? It has already reached 2000 posts, fully unreadable, dating from a couple of years, fully unrelated to the forum content, and, most importantly, always appearing/being renewed(maybe on purpose) to make difficult normally reading other threads???
It should be possible to abstract a few important posts into a new thread, then lock the old one. It's pointless without mod support, though.
Deasil is the right way to go.
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:I forgot to say that H still keeps its good attacking style from the past, above features only enriching it, while making it significantly more positional

PS. Is not it possible to delete that very-stupid benchmark-new-smartphones thread? It has already reached 2000 posts, fully unreadable, dating from a couple of years, fully unrelated to the forum content, and, most importantly, always appearing/being renewed(maybe on purpose) to make difficult normally reading other threads???
What is your problem with it ?
It relates hardware with each other. And gives information to computer chess nerds which hardware is best for chess.

That seems a proper target for a computerchess forum IMO.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Guenther
Full name: Guenther Simon

Post by Guenther »

Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:
PS. Is not it possible to delete that very-stupid benchmark-new-smartphones thread? It has already reached 2000 posts, fully unreadable, dating from a couple of years, fully unrelated to the forum content, and, most importantly, always appearing/being renewed(maybe on purpose) to make difficult normally reading other threads???
P.S.2 Isn't it possible to delete the whole Zvetshkov galaxy of posts?
It has already reached nearly 4000 posts. All full of ego-boosting and self indulgence.
We had enough cases of people who thought they could give god a pawn handicap.
Each and every time it was proven just hot air/nada/nothing...
My tolerance is finally limited - and I know I am not alone!

I really wish an ignore option finally makes it into the second half of the second decade of the 21st century for this board...
mehmet karaman

Post by mehmet karaman »

Guenther wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:
P.S.2 Isn't it possible to delete the whole Zvetshkov galaxy of posts?
It has already reached nearly 4000 posts. All full of ego-boosting and self indulgence.
We had enough cases of people who thought they could give god a pawn handicap.
Each and every time it was proven just hot air/nada/nothing...
My tolerance is finally limited - and I know I am not alone!

I really wish an ignore option finally makes it into the second half of the second decade of the 21st century for this board...

+1
Lyudmil Tsvetkov

Post by Lyudmil Tsvetkov »

mclane wrote:
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote:I forgot to say that H still keeps its good attacking style from the past, above features only enriching it, while making it significantly more positional

It relates hardware with each other. And gives information to computer chess nerds which hardware is best for chess.

My problem is namely that: did you see the last 5 posts in this thread? It makes the forum public discuss fully off-topic stuff, like an unrelated thread, instead of concentrating on the essence of the thread.

All 5 of you did that, but seemingly did not even notice it...

I can accept Brian's argumentation, he had a point, Mr. Czub is just asking, ok, but Guenther simply crosses a border, this is his maybe 6th direct attack against me, and I never tried to defend myself, that is his problem.

No matter how big Mr. Karaman makes the +1, do not all of you except Greg, who is a nice guy, realize that we already are not discussing Houdini, but a pointless thread?

Where is your feedback on Houdini?
IWB

Post by IWB »

Dirt wrote:
brianr wrote:I for one find the handheld device benchmarks quite interesting (and highly relevant). While it has many posts, an updated table is periodically included so as to not have to go too far back. Moreover, there is a lot of work behind those posts.
Lyudmil Tsvetkov wrote: PS. Is not it possible to delete that very-stupid benchmark-new-smartphones thread? It has already reached 2000 posts, fully unreadable, dating from a couple of years, fully unrelated to the forum content, and, most importantly, always appearing/being renewed(maybe on purpose) to make difficult normally reading other threads???
It should be possible to abstract a few important posts into a new thread, then lock the old one. It's pointless without mod support, though.
I have to agree here. If one is not logging in all the time and is used to the threaded view the long and with 95% or more of its content long outdated topic makes it impossible to read. It is nearly impossible to find the last posting or any specific device. The topic itself is interesting, but the way it is maintained here is useless. This should be a database maintained on a website ...

Ingo
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

You can change into a different view of the forum. Then you see all latest postings ! it's as easy as that, nobody forces you to watch the forum the way you do,
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Thomas Lagershausen

Post by Thomas Lagershausen »

mclane wrote:You can change into a different view of the forum. Then you see all latest postings ! it's as easy as that, nobody forces you to watch the forum the way you do,
+1

Please ignore people who want to delete important informations.

I find this informations very, very usefull.
TL
IWB

Post by IWB »

mclane wrote:You can change into a different view of the forum. Then you see all latest postings ! it's as easy as that, nobody forces you to watch the forum the way you do,
You are wrong, I am forced - either to log in to avoid the view or to get that view!

But you miss the point. The usefull information in that thread get lost. It is basicaly a bunch of rubish where no one can find anything anymore ... its main purpose seems to anoy the casual reader.

Ingo
MikeB

Post by MikeB »

mclane wrote:

+1 It so so easy to ignore unwelcome posts/topics. Making a mountain out of a molehill. Seriously doubt that folks are doing that purposely to annoy you. I guess that if one has an ego-centric view of the world it easy to come to that conclusion, i.e., everything that annoys you in life is being done on purpose. Hope your day gets better.