Three humans have a 60%+ match with Stocikfish

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Dann Corbit

Three humans have a 60%+ match with Stocikfish

Post by Dann Corbit »

Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
Rebel

Re: Three humans have a 60%+ match with Stocikfish

Post by Rebel »

Nice.
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

And that doesn't say much. Carslen play 58% of his move like stockfish and is 2850 player , another player rated 2624 play the same %

Now let's see if they play like Houdini or Komodo instead. Would be fun to see Carslen playing more like Komodo.
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

JJJ wrote:And that doesn't say much. Carslen play 58% of his move like stockfish and is 2850 player , another player rated 2624 play the same %

Now let's see if they play like Houdini or Komodo instead. Would be fun to see Carslen playing more like Komodo.
I think it says more about the engine that they analyze with and it's influence on their play.
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."

Post by Dann Corbit »

I think this is the most logical explanation
Taking ideas is not a vice, it is a virtue. We have another word for this. It is called learning.
But sharing ideas is an even greater virtue. We have another word for this. It is called teaching.
nimh

Post by nimh »

I have data indicating that humans rated 1600-1700 have barely above 40%, whereas Houdini 1.5a and correspondence games from the ICCF W28 have around 75% coincidence with Komodo 8.

You've got to have a big strength difference and similar-type positions to get meaningful conclusions.
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

Stockfish must be the official trainer of China.
bob

Post by bob »

Dan Cooper wrote:Stockfish must be the official trainer of China.
I think it is simpler than that. I'd bet 10 years ago these numbers were HIGHER. As the computers were reaching real upper-GM levels. But as they get stronger, I'd expect the gap to be in a widening mode now as the humans simply can't stick with them tactically and the computers pull further and further away...