WCCC June 27th in Leiden

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Gurcan Uckardes

Re: WCCC June 27th in Leiden

Post by Gurcan Uckardes »

Would'nt you all agree that the simplest solution is to place the topic in the tournament section and make it "sticky"?
My blog for Android users: http://chesstroid.blogspot.com
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

No we would not all agree.
Computerchess is about us, the customers, the programmers , the testers.
We are all ONE community and don't want to be moved into a subforum in a basement of an empty house on alpha Centauri.

I guess most founding fathers of talk chess see it this way.
At least the postings of Ed Schroeder and bob Hyatt and me seem to speak the same wish.

How can we convince the moderators.

:roll:
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Gurcan Uckardes wrote:Would'nt you all agree that the simplest solution is to place the topic in the tournament section and make it "sticky"?
Whether a thread in a forum section the intended readers never visit is sticky or not is totally immaterial. Why do you think it makes any difference whether they do not see it, or do not see it?
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Gurcan Uckardes wrote:Would'nt you all agree that the simplest solution is to place the topic in the tournament section and make it "sticky"?
That seems the best solution to me, but I don't mind either way and I support what the moderators decide to do. It just isn't that important to get worked up about.
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

For you...
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

No, I don't agree. First, some rarely visit the tournament section. Second, stickies are unpleasant. When I am not logged in, the default format is "thread view", and stickies are plain pain. Second, it's not clear at a glance whether a new post was written, as stickies do not float, that's why they are "sticky".
Dokterchen

Post by Dokterchen »

Hi all,

event should start tomorrow. Any news? I ask because ICGA page is a disaster and for Google WCCC 2016 is World Championship of Chinese Cuisine 2016. :-)

KR
Torsten
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

Dokterchen wrote:Hi all,

event should start tomorrow. Any news? I ask because ICGA page is a disaster and for Google WCCC 2016 is World Championship of Chinese Cuisine 2016. :-)

KR
Torsten
We did have the WC in Beijing in 2008. We did work our way through the entire Chinese menu in the hotel.
modolief

Post by modolief »

Wait, what?? People aren't allowed to post about TCEC here? What's going on?
Harvey Williamson
Full name: Harvey Williamson

Post by Harvey Williamson »

modolief wrote:Wait, what?? People aren't allowed to post about TCEC here? What's going on?
They are allowed to post. There is some old stuff in this thread. New moderators will be in place by the end of the week and all will allow tournament announcements, like TCEC, here.