2016 10th Annual World Computer Rapid Chess Championship

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

jdart

Re: 2016 10th Annual World Computer Rapid Chess Championship

Post by jdart »

I can do either weekend and plan to participate.

--Jon
Gerd Isenberg

Post by Gerd Isenberg »

Graham Banks wrote:
Gerd Isenberg wrote:
CRoberson wrote:Well, either a moderator can't read or only read the title.
More likely they ignored your note to put all into the private spam tournament section like recently Leiden 2016, IGT 2016, and possible soon the WCCC.
Why belittle all of the enthusiasts who post in here just because you disagree with a moderation decision?
Problem is noise here. Announcing every single engine gauntlet here x-times a week when you have your own sites with announcement, news and overviews. I consider that spam. and makes it hard to follow genuine tournaments, when moderator decide there is no distinction.
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

Larry and I would like to enter Komodo. Since I will be in Europe and the machines back here, setting things up might be a bit complex, but we will get it done.

Mark
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Rebel wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Gerd Isenberg wrote:
More likely they ignored your note to put all into the private spam tournament section like recently Leiden 2016, IGT 2016, and possible soon the WCCC.
Why belittle all of the enthusiasts who post in here just because you disagree with a moderation decision?
The topic is the moderation decision.

Do you agree that organizers of historical tournaments are forced to make announcements outside the main forum in a place of lesser attention?
Well it was until Gerd's unnecessary insult to posters in this subforum.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Gerd Isenberg wrote:
Graham Banks wrote:
Gerd Isenberg wrote:
Problem is noise here. Announcing every single engine gauntlet here x-times a week when you have your own sites with announcement, news and overviews. I consider that spam. and makes it hard to follow genuine tournaments, when moderator decide there is no distinction.
Your engine is private, so there's probably little point in you normally looking in this subforum.

However, most of the other engine authors appreciate the inclusion of their engines in gauntlets and tournaments.

Besides, if enthusiasts enjoy running gauntlets and tournaments, this subforum is here for the purpose of reporting them.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Stan Arts

Post by Stan Arts »

Yes.

Hard to find info/announcements/discussions on physical tournaments because threads on them tend to disappear off the 1st page in the tournament section in a day which is problematic if one doesn't come here every day.

When did such tournaments stop being main news? Move this thread back to the main forum please.

Nemeton would like to participate.
For me I guess the first weekend would be best.
pijl

Post by pijl »

I only see this now as I do not generally visit this forum. Apparently I need to if I don't want to miss this type of announcements :-(
Anyway, both weekends are fine with me.
Jesse Gersenson

Post by Jesse Gersenson »

CRoberson wrote:Each person logs in and has their program run on any hardware they have.
How does the engine interface with ICC? Is there some middleware or does the author enter his machine's moves into a web interface?
jdart

Post by jdart »

You need an interface - one usable one is xboard or Winboard.

--Jon
uaf
Full name: Ubaldo Andrea Farina

Post by uaf »

I can join in the second week-end, not sure about the first one.