cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Re: cutechess-cli 0.8.0 released

Post by AndrewGrant »

Thanks!
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
AndrewGrant
Full name: Andrew Grant

Post by AndrewGrant »

Can anyone get the Linux releases to work? Tried it on three different systems now to no avail
#WeAreAllDraude #JusticeForDraude #RememberDraude #LeptirBigUltra
"Those who can't do, clone instead" - Eduard ( A real life friend, not this forum's Eduard )
ilari

Post by ilari »

AndrewGrant wrote:Can anyone get the Linux releases to work? Tried it on three different systems now to no avail
What specific errors do you get and what Linux distros did you try? And did you try to run cutechess-cli via the cutechess-cli.sh script which also loads the QtCore library?
brtzsnr

Post by brtzsnr »

Hi!

I'm late to the party, but thank you for releasing such grat

I have a feature request for future versions of cutechess. Can you reduce/remove the dependency on Qt, at least for the command line tool. Everytime I add a new node to my cluster I spend a lot of time figuring out which packages I need to install and how to compile cutechess because of Qt.
ilari

Post by ilari »

brtzsnr wrote:Hi!

I'm late to the party, but thank you for releasing such grat

I have a feature request for future versions of cutechess. Can you reduce/remove the dependency on Qt, at least for the command line tool. Everytime I add a new node to my cluster I spend a lot of time figuring out which packages I need to install and how to compile cutechess because of Qt.
Hi,

Cute Chess (even the name) is so tightly tied to Qt that removing the dependency would be like rewriting the whole thing from scratch. So it's pretty much impossible at this point.
Dan Cooper

Post by Dan Cooper »

What does it mean exactly when cutechess gives a message of "engine disconnected"? It's something I've seen in TCEC and in my home games, and I was curious what cutechess is seeing from its end?
ilari

Post by ilari »

Dan Cooper wrote:What does it mean exactly when cutechess gives a message of "engine disconnected"? It's something I've seen in TCEC and in my home games, and I was curious what cutechess is seeing from its end?
The engine crashes or terminates unexpectedly. We're using this language because the engine doesn't necessarily have to be a locally running process.
PaulieD

Post by PaulieD »

I would like to attempt to use Brainfish with Cerebellum_Light.bin in cutechess-cli

This book is not a Polyglot book. How can I write that portion of a batch file or change engine.json to have Brainfish ONLY use the cerebellum book?
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

PaulieD wrote:I would like to attempt to use Brainfish with Cerebellum_Light.bin in cutechess-cli

This book is not a Polyglot book. How can I write that portion of a batch file or change engine.json to have Brainfish ONLY use the cerebellum book?
Try something like this.

Code: Select all

{ 
      "command" : "BrainFish_160808_x64_modern.exe", 
      "name" : "BrainFish_160808_x64_modern",
      "options" : [ 
         { 
            "name" : "Hash", 
            "value" : 256
         },
		 { 
            "name" : "BookPath", 
            "value" : "Cerebellum_Light.bin"
         }
      ],
      "protocol" : "uci",
      "workingDirectory" : "C:\\chess\\engines\\Brainfish"
   },
The cerebellum file and exe on same dir.
PaulieD

Post by PaulieD »

Thanks for your quick reply :D