Komodo notification

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

OzsO

Komodo notification

Post by OzsO »

Am a subscriber of Komodo. Do not get any notifications of upgrades, have to hear of by 2nd or 3rd hand info. Why?
DO NOT UNDERSTAND
syzygy

Re: Komodo notification

Post by syzygy »

OzsO wrote:Am a subscriber of Komodo. Do not get any notifications of upgrades, have to hear of by 2nd or 3rd hand info. Why?
Why would you ask that here? (And I'm not just referring to the "Programming and Technical Discussions" section.)

I'm sure you can find some contact information on the Komodo website.
OzsO

Post by OzsO »

Sorry, did not know where to ask, am new. Checked that link and still understood no place to ask. Thought all important guys in the chess world came here. Am just an amature puter player, opening book writer. Had I the bucks and contacts, would get a progam taylored to my specifications... (none meet all of my criteria).... <G>
DO NOT UNDERSTAND
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

syzygy wrote:
I'm sure you can find some contact information on the Komodo website.
Surely on the komodo can find all these things...
Komodo team knows that this forum is a great means of propaganda of its product, and use it... is evident.
So these things occur, for example happened with houdini. :D :D

Post data:
Honestly if you think about it, what happened with version 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 do not believe has been reflected on the web page, or on the facebook page, I doubt it.
OzsO

Post by OzsO »

Nope, see no way to contact Komodo on their page, not even when i login to my account. The link also given was in Spanish... lost my little Spanish 40 years ago :(
Am not a Komodo salesman, and apparently not of any concern to them... wonder if they have a clique? They did readily accept my money tho :(
... btw.. their version 9.42 is not their best.
DO NOT UNDERSTAND
simon

Post by simon »

The contact address isn't in the most obvious place but following the "Komodo" then "Help" links from the home page leads you to:
Need more help?
Email Mark Lefler via komodochesshelp /at / gmail dot com
mjlef

Post by mjlef »

OzsO wrote:Am a subscriber of Komodo. Do not get any notifications of upgrades, have to hear of by 2nd or 3rd hand info. Why?
Hi,

You will find the email for komodo help at the bottom of each order email you receive. It is also at the bottom of the Help page on the komodochess.com site. If you think there is a better spot, I would like to hear your suggestions.

At one time we had an email list for notifying people of new versions, but some people hated us for sending them emails (strange, but true). So now I maintain a manual email list and send a message when a new version of Komodo is available. I would be glad to add you to the list if you email at the help email address.

Although I do not mind some general help here on the talkchess forum, it is really not setup for this, so I much prefer we handle this via the email. You can get it by looking at your original order email or this page near the bottom:

http://komodochess.com/installation.htm

Sorry for the round about way of getting you the email. I am trying to not be flooded with junk mail from internet robots that scoop them off of web pages.

Mark