New Fischerle Version: 0.9.70 SE

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

RolandoFurioso

New Fischerle Version: 0.9.70 SE

Post by RolandoFurioso »

Hi all,

I have just released a follow-up version of my chess engine: Fischerle 0.9.70 SE. It is available for download at http://www.stuckardt.de/index.php/schac ... herle.html

These are the refinements:

* Fischerle now implements a weak version of singular extensions, which, in the standard setting, doesn't apply at Cut nodes. However, all key parameters can be freely altered and thus experimented with via the native GUI.
* Dedicated scoring functions for some further (typically drawn) pawnless endings have been added;
* A scoring penalty for "drawish" opposite-colored bishop endings is now implemented.
* A further search extension criterion has been added that applies when a pawn ending is reached.

The main new feature is singular extensions. Right now, it is difficult to judge whether, and possibly to what extent, Fischerle 0.9.70 SE plays stronger than its predecessor (Fischerle 0.9.65). As an educated guess, I expect it to be slightly stronger at faster time controls -- the results of some comprehensive test runs hint towards this expectation, but yet more extensive testings are of course required.

As its predecessor, Fischerle 0.9.70 SE features both a 64 bit and a 32 bit version, though it is highly recommended to run it in a 64 bit environment.

Have fun!
Roland
Jamal Bubker

Re: New Fischerle Version: 0.9.70 SE

Post by Jamal Bubker »

Danke Roland :D
RolandoFurioso

Post by RolandoFurioso »

De rien!
supersharp77