Japanese

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Japanese

Post by hgm »

Does anyone here happen to read Japanese? I would love to have an exact translation of the following page:

All that I understand from it is my own name, shokidoki, the date, "9th UEC" and mini-Shogi ("55Shogi").
Dirt

Re: Japanese

Post by Dirt »

Interesting. I just did an online OCR at i2ocr.com and a Google machine translation, and I got this:
Scan:
巻 、 、
貝 オ犬
第9回UEC杯5五将棋大会
優 勝 sH。m。m

H・ G・ Muーーer 殿
ぁプよプこ鬱まUEC杯5五将棋大会
〝ニおし丶て頭書のょ ぅ汁ょ優秀ノょ成
を収められま しブこのでここ *
これを賞します

20 ー 5年ー ー月22曰

〝;'一'ィ“;〝讐群賞鸞讐嚢スfー欝ーシ驚(

伊鷹 轢『`{一鑽
Translation:
Winding,,
Shellfish Oh Dog 9th UEC Cup minishogi tournament Yu wins sH. m. m

H · G · Mu over over er Shingariapuyopuko鬱Ma UEC Cup minishogi tournament "Nioshi 丶 on to Rarema enjoyed Yo U juice Yo excellence Noyo formation of head manual blanking this in here *
This is to award 20 over 5 years over _Tsuki 22 曰

"; 'Single' I"; "讐群 Award 鸞讐 嚢Su f over depression over Shi surprised (

Ithaca 轢 "` {Ichi鑽
Deasil is the right way to go.
Evert

Post by Evert »

It's Chinese to me, but a former colleague of mine moved to Japan a couple of years ago. I could probably ask her.
Bloodbane

Post by Bloodbane »

Here is most of the Japanese text transcribed. Notice the differences compared to the OCR. I cannot make out the letters immediately below the date, and I do not have any idea who the person that signed the document is due to the way names work in Japan.

Code: Select all

賞状
第9回UEC杯5五将棋大会 
優勝 SHOKIDOKI
H. G. Muller殿

あなたは第9回UEC杯5五将棋大会において頭書のような優秀な成績を収められましたのでここにこれを賞します

2015年11月22日
Here is the text in English. It is only a pretty rough translation however. I could probably get you an accurate translation from my Japanese teacher, but that is going to take several days since it is the weekend.

Code: Select all

Honourable certificate
The 9th UEC minishogi tournament
Champion SHOKIDOKI
Mr. H. G. Muller

Because in the 9th UEC minishogi tournament you have achieved excellent results, as described above, I here award you this [document].

November 22, 2015
Functional programming combines the flexibility and power of abstract mathematics with the intuitive clarity of abstract mathematics.
https://github.com/mAarnos