free position analysis from Arena GUI

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Nay Lin Tun

free position analysis from Arena GUI

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

Hi,
When I play free position analysis for chess openings,I play from both sides while I let the engine analyzing my moves, arena GUI stop analyzing in less than 10 moves from initial setup position. Any suggestion or I should buy the commercial chessbase GUI etc.
Regards,
Nay
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Re: free position analysis from Arena GUI

Post by hgm »

Use WinBoard... :D
A Distel

Post by A Distel »

hgm wrote:Use WinBoard... :D

....But we see now, new engine programmers supporting only UCI and the existing Winboard engines programmers, more and more switching to support only UCI. :idea:
The road to chaos is filled with political correctness.
― Tadros
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Yeah, so what? Ticking an UCI checkbox when you first load the engine is too difficult for you?
AdminX

Post by AdminX »

"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
Full name: Robert C. Maddox

Post by rcmaddox »

Nay Lin Tun wrote:Hi,
When I play free position analysis for chess openings,I play from both sides while I let the engine analyzing my moves, arena GUI stop analyzing in less than 10 moves from initial setup position. Any suggestion or I should buy the commercial chessbase GUI etc.
Regards,
Nay
It's possible I don't understand the problem/question but I've never seen this behavior with Arena.
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

I use position----->analyse now. Engine stopped analyzing in less than 10 moves . If I use Engines------>Analyisis, then the engine start analyzing from the initial position to your last move only and u cant keep playing meanwhile. I did several install /uninstall arena 2.0 to 3.5.1 but failed.Even droidfish is much better than Arena.(It is possible I can use android emulator in window 10 and use droidfish but i cant install latest SF devs.) I had deep junior 6 in 10 years ago and that GUI can do everything.
A Distel

Post by A Distel »

hgm wrote:Yeah, so what? Ticking an UCI checkbox when you first load the engine is too difficult for you?
Sure, ticking the UCI checkbox, I want to confirm that I am quite happy to do so,... so don't worry that your intelligence and winboard isn't always understood.
The road to chaos is filled with political correctness.
― Tadros
Mike S.

Post by Mike S. »

Simply use the Analyze button:

The engine(*) will always analyse the position you have on the board, and you can enter moves and variations as much as you want, go back and forward, etc. The engine remains active all the time.

*) considering quality engines while some may not support this mode
Regards, Mike
Nay Lin Tun

Post by Nay Lin Tun »

Yes, I tested like that. But about 5-6 moves later, the GUI stop responding additional moves and the engine keep analyzing the last position for a while and then both GUI and engine stop working. I even tried the [cog wheel icon to make the move] and analyze icon alternatively,position--analyse, engine---automatic analysis , I mean I tried all available options but that doesn't work either. I checked the virus already. Btw, how many moves can u do in your computer with that analyze option until GUI or engine stop working.