Page 1 of 1

top-5000.nl will disappear in the near future

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:54 am
by Rebel
My website [ http://www.top-5000.nl/index.htm ] sooner or later will be cancelled and all CC related stuff will be removed because the site is taken over by a local community center. It's already in use once you use [ http://www.top-5000.nl ] only.

Meaning, download the stuff you didn't have yet.

Also, if you want some pages (downloads) to be spared from destruction drop me a note and I will try to import them on my new website.

Re: top-5000.nl will disappear in the near future

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:34 am
by kaissa
Thank you for the warning. I downloaded old Rebels again just to be on the safe side but I think it would be nice to keep them at www.rebel13.nl in additon to historic games and downloadable programs for history's sake.

Thank you very much,

Re: top-5000.nl will disappear in the near future

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:58 pm
by Maarten Claessens
Rebel wrote:My website [ http://www.top-5000.nl/index.htm ] sooner or later will be cancelled and all CC related stuff will be removed because the site is taken over by a local community center. It's already in use once you use [ http://www.top-5000.nl ] only.

Meaning, download the stuff you didn't have yet.

Also, if you want some pages (downloads) to be spared from destruction drop me a note and I will try to import them on my new website.
Well, I think the technical pages are invaluable, especially the `Inside ProDeo` pages. Many thanks for sharing the ideas used in Rebel/ProDeo.

Re: top-5000.nl will disappear in the near future

Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:10 pm
by mar
Maarten Claessens wrote:Well, I think the technical pages are invaluable, especially the `Inside ProDeo` pages. Many thanks for sharing the ideas used in Rebel/ProDeo.
Yes, absolutely! Those must be preserved.
Ed: couldn't you just backup/move the existing pages?

Re: top-5000.nl will disappear in the near future

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:08 am
by Mike S.
Yes, absolutely! Those must be preserved.
+1

It must be done.

Re: top-5000.nl will disappear in the near future

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:43 am
by Norbert Raimund Leisner
CB Light database download link is broken,

but here is another (former) URL that still exists

http://web.archive.org/web/200908221305 ... ewsid=5654

Re: top-5000.nl will disappear in the near future

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:13 am
by Rebel
kaissa wrote:Thank you for the warning. I downloaded old Rebels again just to be on the safe side but I think it would be nice to keep them at www.rebel13.nl in additon to historic games and downloadable programs for history's sake.

Thank you very much,
I think that most of the old DOS stuff is already ported, see:

http://rebel13.nl/download/more%20dos%20oldies.html
http://rebel13.nl/download/dos%20rebels.html

Re: top-5000.nl will disappear in the near future

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:19 am
by Rebel
Mike S. wrote:
Yes, absolutely! Those must be preserved.
+1

It must be done.
I will make sure that page remains intact. Sooner or later I will port it to the new webspace. It's interesting, it is there since 2006/7 and it still gets 800-900 visits each month.

Re: top-5000.nl will disappear in the near future

Posted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:21 am
by Rebel
Norbert Raimund Leisner wrote:CB Light database download link is broken,

but here is another (former) URL that still exists

http://web.archive.org/web/200908221305 ... ewsid=5654
Thanks for the detective work, you are good in that.