Crafty 25.0 Release

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jim Ablett
Full name: Jim Ablett

Re: Crafty 25.0 Release (Fine 70 problem?)

Post by Jim Ablett »

Roger Brown wrote:
Jim Ablett wrote:Just updated my Crafty builds to latest version 25.0. You can get them here >

http://jimablett.net63.net/

Jim..
Thanks Jim!

I see the old 1 cpus is back...

:-)

Later.

Hi Roger,

yes, I thought no one would notice.:-)
I remembered to disable the log file plague though.

Jim.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Jim Ablett wrote: Sounds like a permissions problem of some sort.

Jim.
Don't think so, neither Graham or I have ever struck this, but it simply isn't an issue - just edit the rc file in notepad before firing up the GUI, and the engine will use it just fine. And just to reiterate, it doesn't happen with Daniel's compile. Of course we can't use that because of the incorrect node count on the BENCH, and also it is a lot slower than yours.

I never use this functionality in ChessGUI, but Graham obviously does. This ChessGUI functionality is designed as a bit of a shortcut to edit the engine config file.
Jim Ablett
Full name: Jim Ablett

Post by Jim Ablett »

Just tested on my system. Could not replicate the error. I can edit the rc file fine from within ChessGui with non popcount 64 bit build. I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Jim.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Jim Ablett wrote:Just tested on my system. Could not replicate the error. I can edit the rc file fine from within ChessGui with non popcount 64 bit build. I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Jim.
Even more odd - Graham gets in on his system, which is Windows 7 x64, and I get it on mine, which is Windows 10 x64.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

....x64 executables :!: :?:
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:....x64 executables :!: :?:
Dr.D
Hello Wael,

All the releases have included a 64 bit version.

Of course your message is a trifle cryptic...

Later.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Roger Brown wrote:
Dr.D
Hello Wael,

Later.
Hi Roger,

The release of JA includes only x32 version of Crafty,at least this much I've downloaded....

The author of Andscacs released a rather slow x64 compile which was pulled over later AFAIK....

So if anyone can help in this manner I will be more than thankful....

Honestly,right now I have a double vision after a vicious night shift at work and I am barely writing this post let alone going through this enormous thread regards,
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:
Roger Brown wrote:
Dr.D
Hello Wael,

Later.
Hi Roger,

The release of JA includes only x32 version of Crafty,at least this much I've downloaded....

The author of Andscacs released a rather slow x64 compile which was pulled over later AFAIK....

So if anyone can help in this manner I will be more than thankful....

Honestly,right now I have a double vision after a vicious night shift at work and I am barely writing this post let alone going through this enormous thread regards,
Dr.D

Hello Wael,

http://jimablett.net63.net/

Then:

http://crafty0981.moonfruit.com/

Get Crafty JA download includes 64 bit executables.

Later.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Jim Ablett wrote:Just tested on my system. Could not replicate the error. I can edit the rc file fine from within ChessGui with non popcount 64 bit build. I'm using Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.

Jim.
Just tried again, and indeed now all is fine !! Very odd. Graham reported the problem initially, I could replicate it as well, but now I can't and all is normal. Can't explain it....
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

Modern Times wrote:

Jim.
Just tried again, and indeed now all is fine !! Very odd. Graham reported the problem initially, I could replicate it as well, but now I can't and all is normal. Can't explain it....
It is the ghost of Crafty present...

Bwahahahahaha...evil laughter fading...

Later.