Fritz now is Rybka, so what?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

fern

Fritz now is Rybka, so what?

Post by fern »

The discussion about how much Fritz is still fritz using now a Vas engine sounds to me like a little bit absurd. I insist, TO ME. What make Fritz such a good product -for me, again- is not who authored the engine, in any case always far stronger than me, but the full GUI. Nobody has still bettered Fritz GUI. The database, the funny voice with his comments, the friend function, the beauty, etc.
When I purchase fritz is looking for improvements to all that, not to the engine. Fritz is better than me as pure chess player since Caesar times anyway...

Fern
Roger Brown

Re: Fritz now is Rybka, so what?

Post by Roger Brown »

fern wrote:The discussion about how much Fritz is still fritz using now a Vas engine sounds to me like a little bit absurd. I insist, TO ME. What make Fritz such a good product -for me, again- is not who authored the engine, in any case always far stronger than me, but the full GUI. Nobody has still bettered Fritz GUI. The database, the funny voice with his comments, the friend function, the beauty, etc.
When I purchase fritz is looking for improvements to all that, not to the engine. Fritz is better than me as pure chess player since Caesar times anyway...

Fern

In response, I feel it instructive to quote a piece of your title:

So what?

Later.
fern

Post by fern »

Yes, so what. So what the discussion, so what my post, so what almost everything in this world and certainly in this site.
So what...
Fern
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

fern wrote:The discussion about how much Fritz is still fritz using now a Vas engine sounds to me like a little bit absurd.
I think it is mostly that there is increased hope that Vas has returned to chess programming.
Deasil is the right way to go.
fern

Post by fern »

Yes, that's a good thing.
I never joined the horde that almost destroyed him.
There was in that lynching an element of envy and hatred that disturbed a me a lot.

Fern
A Distel

Post by A Distel »

fern wrote:The discussion about how much Fritz is still fritz using now a Vas engine sounds to me like a little bit absurd. I insist, TO ME. What make Fritz such a good product -for me, again- is not who authored the engine, in any case always far stronger than me, but the full GUI. Nobody has still bettered Fritz GUI. The database, the funny voice with his comments, the friend function, the beauty, etc.

Fern
Your illussion is maybe finding your fantasy in chess programs who don't have it, or lets say, you have a problem you can't change, such as two short legs in proportion to the rest of Your body,... but You believe in low light and trick mirrors
....So what? :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
The road to chaos is filled with political correctness.
― Tadros
A Distel

Post by A Distel »

fern wrote:Yes, that's a good thing.
I never joined the horde that almost destroyed him.
There was in that lynching an element of envy and hatred that disturbed a me a lot.

Fern
Nothing better than a good hanging!!!
The road to chaos is filled with political correctness.
― Tadros
fern

Post by fern »

Yes, so what.
I tend to think that way specially with your posts....

so what regards
F
rcmaddox
Full name: Robert C. Maddox

Post by rcmaddox »

Fritz isn't perfect but it at least tries to provide both entertainment and instruction. It's a great package, IMO, with features not found elsewhere.
fern

Post by fern »

That's my point, Robert.
Perhaps, as Alain Distel say, I am looking for a fantasy, a dream, but fact is Fritz package gets nearest to that dream.
I try to get in a chess game all kind of pleasures, not only the one given for thinking processes, but besides that anything extra, including a cold beer....

Long live to chessbase regards
Fern