Windows 10 Experience

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Henk

Re: Windows 10 Experience

Post by Henk »

Using the Cloud ??? They don't seem to understand that some including me don't like that we were somehow forced to use e-mail and internet and that a limit has already been exceeded. Now looks like they want to force us to use the Cloud too.

By the way I also don't have a cell phone and I am still alive.
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

You are not obliged to put a password, omit the step and go ahead.
You are not forced to use the cloud.
You have to be more positive.
:wink:
Henk

Post by Henk »

To me it's like waking up in the morning to find out that they changed the lock of the house while you were asleep. Took another two hours to change some things. But I don't like it messing up with an operating system I know nothing about. If you accidentally do something wrong you might get in severe trouble.
Henk

Post by Henk »

velmarin wrote:You are not obliged to put a password, omit the step and go ahead.
You are not forced to use the cloud.
You have to be more positive.
:wink:
Best is to switch of all electricity and rest in peace.
velmarin

Post by velmarin »

I've installed it on a clean disk, so problems.
I have no drivers for the graphics card, and it is a nuisance.
Everything else well, now I will test my favorite programs, am going to give a good opportunity.
duncan

Post by duncan »

Henk wrote:Now it wants me to enter a password too. So this means if someone is able to change it I would not be able to use my own computer anymore.

And what to do then ? Buy a new computer ?

Or what if you have a password with special characters and your keyboard is not working perfectly at that moment or you accidently changed your keyboard settings and you also logged out.
I think you can boot in with linux if you loose the password, so the question becomes how useful is a password?
elpapa
Full name: Patrik Karlsson

Post by elpapa »

Henk wrote:what if you have a password with special characters and your keyboard is not working perfectly at that moment
This is why I never buy shoes. What if my feet suddenly swell up and they won't fit me anymore.
fern

Post by fern »

Get a bigger keyboard....

Fern
Roger Brown

Post by Roger Brown »

elpapa wrote:
Henk wrote:what if you have a password with special characters and your keyboard is not working perfectly at that moment
This is why I never buy shoes. What if my feet suddenly swell up and they won't fit me anymore.

Post of the month!

:twisted:

Later.
Norm Pollock

Post by Norm Pollock »

Back in the old days this was a problem. The solution was to use the "alt" key plus the numeric keypad on the right side of the keyboard (not the numeric keys on the top row). See this chart for each character:

http://tools.oratory.com/altcodes.html