Any News on another TCEC season ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

PaulieD

Any News on another TCEC season ?

Post by PaulieD »

Seems to be very quiet, not even rumors brewing :D
gerold

Re: Any News on another TCEC season ?

Post by gerold »

PaulieD wrote:Seems to be very quiet, not even rumors brewing :D
Gone Flew the coop hahahahahaha. :lol:
whereagles

Post by whereagles »

Well, here's a rumor: (by me, right now.. :D)

Absence of any news from Martin hints at a likely end to the project. Season 8 was supposed to be played with a new 32-core machine, and funding was being sought-after. Possibly, it fizzled. Still, the 16-core machine is still there (I think), so starting off the season with the latest engine updates should be simple, leaving the hardware upgrade to season 9 or 10.

Sure, there could have been a message on this, but sometimes silence is the best choice. It certainly saves space on your e-mailbox.

Anyway, I'd like to take the opportunity to thank Martin for the seasons already played. It was quality time for me. But we do need a replacement :) Lots of people here run games between top engines. Is there anyone interested in cloning the web-cast concept? (Don't ask me - not a computer geek nor do I have the time... ;) )

Cheers!
Henk

Post by Henk »

Yes they already called it the real world chess championship. I doubt if the Olympic games started this way too long time ago. Maybe if you pay the tournament director they can give your engine an extra secret time slice. If that increases the sales of your engine it would be a minor investment for only top position counts.
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

TCEC appears to be dead :(

Oh well. I'm sure someone else can setup an online retransmission of games played on his machine, to replace TCEC.
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
Peter Berger

Post by Peter Berger »

Which goes to show that people should better play it slow before giving some private event "official status".

ICGA events may leave a lot of things to be desired, but they place responsbility where it is due, namely to the competitors.
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

lucasart wrote:TCEC appears to be dead :(
Things tend to die without warning.

CAn't he just come on and say

"It's dead!"?
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Well, I'm not sure that it is dead yet, that is just speculation.
gerold

Post by gerold »

Peter Berger wrote:Which goes to show that people should better play it slow before giving some private event "official status".

ICGA events may leave a lot of things to be desired, but they place responsbility where it is due, namely to the competitors.
Thanks for your view Peter. I agree.

Best,
Gerold.
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Peter Berger wrote:Which goes to show that people should better play it slow before giving some private event "official status".

Fully agreed here regarding the first statement....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….