Any News on another TCEC season ?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

S.Taylor

Re: Any News on another TCEC season ?

Post by S.Taylor »

Modern Times wrote:Well, I'm not sure that it is dead yet, that is just speculation.

I myself would have said it should wait until there are enough new things to test out, and not necesarily twice a year.

And really, we can get plenty entertainment by playing through old games too, they are all there, also on Chessbomb. But people like fresh blood, and living (human) sacrifice in front of their eyes at all times [wow that's an interesting thought!].

But yes i agree, it shouldn't be dead yet. Maybe the fact that there has been no news from Martin, (assuming he is well), is that he is waiting to have some clear news but encountered delays.

Or could it be that the problems are too great and he is upset?
lucasart
Full name: lucasart

Post by lucasart »

Modern Times wrote:Well, I'm not sure that it is dead yet, that is just speculation.
We will never be 100% sure. Just like Houdini. Disappeared without warning, but who knows if he'll come back?

TCEC seems dead for now:
http://open-chess.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=2797
Theory and practice sometimes clash. And when that happens, theory loses. Every single time.
PaulieD

Post by PaulieD »

It would be nice if Martin chimed in with some sort of status check to end the aimless speculation. It would be the right thing to do.
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

PaulieD wrote:It would be nice if Martin chimed in with some sort of status check to end the aimless speculation. It would be the right thing to do.
I don't think Martin would deliberately not do the right thing. (Unless angry about something).
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

PaulieD wrote:It would be nice if Martin chimed in with some sort of status check to end the aimless speculation. It would be the right thing to do.
No problem.

https://twitter.com/ThoresenMartin/stat ... 3791728640

Best,
Martin
PaulieD

Post by PaulieD »

I guess that's easier than a direct answer here, a place you used to frequent often.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

He hasn't answered there for a couple of months from what I can tell. Still, at least he's alive and hasn't announced there will be no season eight.
Deasil is the right way to go.