Where did the Houdini 5.0 post get moved to?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

velmarin

Re: Houdini 5.0....fact or fiction?!?!

Post by velmarin »

If the contents of the e-mail had written without the photo,
It would have only been one post more.

We must recognize that the email was very similar to the famous wikileads.
Secrets of houdini expose, perhaps the author is an Assistant to Julian Assange.

It seems that the trees it does not let us see the forest :P
shrapnel

Post by shrapnel »

supersharp77 wrote:So I missed that post before someone deleted it....so the gist is Houdini is not actually DEAD and Houdart is working on Houdini 5.0? But it is not strong enough yet? Is that the long and short of it? .......Thx AR
The gist of it was that Houdini 5 is at present only 6-7 ELO points ahead of the latest Stockfish Development version, and would only be put up for sale when it was at least 60 ELO ahead of the latest SDV.
i7 5960X @ 4.1 Ghz, 64 GB G.Skill RipJaws RAM, Twin Asus ROG Strix OC 11 GB Geforce 2080 Tis
TShackel

Post by TShackel »

supersharp77 wrote:So I missed that post before someone deleted it....so the gist is Houdini is not actually DEAD and Houdart is working on Houdini 5.0? But it is not strong enough yet? Is that the long and short of it? .......Thx AR
It basically suggested that Houdart said houdini 5.0 is alive and well, and is currently 12 elo stronger than the latest stockfish dev version, but did not want to release it until it is 60 elo better than stockfish. It seemed like houdart made a concession to actually respond to his email because the poster bought a late houdini 4.0 purchase, and because he just bought houdini 4.0 he made a concession to respond to his houdini 5.0 inquiry, while he never responded to my houdini 5.0 inquiry.

Sincerely,

Tim.
APassionForCriminalJustic

Post by APassionForCriminalJustic »

shrapnel wrote:
The gist of it was that Houdini 5 is at present only 6-7 ELO points ahead of the latest Stockfish Development version, and would only be put up for sale when it was at least 60 ELO ahead of the latest SDV.
Nobody in his or her right mind would say that it needs to be at least 60 ELO ahead of Stockfish development since that will simply just not happen (even the Komodo team is finding it difficult just to keep up with SF development; Houdart is not this stupid). The entire thing is an obvious troll post. Moreover, Houdart would not just randomly send the fellow an email to give him information pertaining to Houdini development.

Houdart wouldn't even respond to Martin before last year's TCEC tournament (and Martin tried several times before giving up); yet he is going to respond to this one guy because he is a late buyer of Houdini? This is such a joke. And we are all being laughed at by this guy who created the fake-Houdini email. I mean, are we this desperate to simply believe anybody who puts anything out there? Even the way the thing was written is NOT how Houdart talks as I had been in correspondence with him once before.

There is not going to be a Houdini 5.
PaulieD

Post by PaulieD »

So the new Match of the Century will be Houdini 5 vs Rybka 5 :D
Paloma
Full name: Herbert L

Re: Where did the Houdini 5.0 post get moved to?

Post by Paloma »

Guenther wrote:
Dirt wrote:Perhaps Lanzo Nazaire could be convinced to repost to CTF.
After all his posts why not just remove the poster?
I have not seen such a troll since a couple of years...
Exactly my thoughts
JJJ

Post by JJJ »

Well, too perfect to be a troll. I believe this message. It fit with the personnality of Robert Houdart.
zullil
Full name: Louis Zulli

Post by zullil »

JJJ wrote:Well, too perfect to be a troll. I believe this message. It fit with the personnality of Robert Houdart.
Did you also believe that Taipan, Nabo, Laznik and Stein were original engines, rather than trivial clones of Stockfish? Some posters are very "creative".
supersharp77

Post by supersharp77 »

Adam Kostas

Nobody in his or her right mind would say that it needs to be at least 60 ELO ahead of Stockfish development since that will simply just not happen (even the Komodo team is finding it difficult just to keep up with SF development; Houdart is not this stupid). The entire thing is an obvious troll post. Moreover, Houdart would not just randomly send the fellow an email to give him information pertaining to Houdini development.

Houdart wouldn't even respond to Martin before last year's TCEC tournament (and Martin tried several times before giving up); yet he is going to respond to this one guy because he is a late buyer of Houdini? This is such a joke. And we are all being laughed at by this guy who created the fake-Houdini email. I mean, are we this desperate to simply believe anybody who puts anything out there? Even the way the thing was written is NOT how Houdart talks as I had been in correspondence with him once before.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fascinating stuff indeed! Only Houdart knows for sure....Right? AR :wink:
TShackel

Post by TShackel »

APassionForCriminalJustic wrote:Nobody in his or her right mind would say that it needs to be at least 60 ELO ahead of Stockfish development since that will simply just not happen (even the Komodo team is finding it difficult just to keep up with SF development; Houdart is not this stupid). The entire thing is an obvious troll post. Moreover, Houdart would not just randomly send the fellow an email to give him information pertaining to Houdini development.

Well, I'd like to think that most of us have enough moral hygiene not to make stuff up and lie to people. I commonly believe what people say from their experiences on this forum because I don't think someone would just make up random lies for no reason.

I hope this guy was being honest and not wasting everybody's time with his games.

Sincerely,

Tim.