What's Vasik Rajlich doing today?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jouni

What's Vasik Rajlich doing today?

Post by Jouni »

Somebody here must know him or Iweta! I am curious..
Jouni
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: What's Vasik Rajlich doing today?

Post by Sylwy »

Jouni wrote:Somebody here must know him or Iweta! I am curious..
Private property ! Private life ! Private..............engine !

Are you absolutely sure Stockfisk & Komodo are the leaders in computer chess ? :lol:

SilvianR :wink:
Dann Corbit

Post by Dann Corbit »

And yet, like whatever takes place beyond the horizon of a black hole, we can only make wild speculation as to what actually takes place because we have no way to measure.

Maybe the CERN LHC will make microscopic baby fishes that play incredible chess for a brief moment and then disappear.

Or perhaps like little neutrinos they will appear to move faster than light. This will (of course) cause the conceptual difficulty of things that disappear before they exist. But then again, maybe it will only be an error in measurement.

If, we discover from 1987, a giant fish shaped object that detonated in the nether regions of outer space ... showering the universe with micro-ribkae... we may have a reference that we can use. But if those fish should change into other kinds of fish as they move (assuming that they are really NOT mass-less or otherwise affiliated with Catholicism) we may need to rethink our models.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Quantum fish

Post by Sylwy »

Dann Corbit wrote:And yet, like whatever takes place beyond the horizon of a black hole, we can only make wild speculation as to what actually takes place because we have no way to measure.
Hawking radiation reduces the mass and the energy of the black hole and is therefore also known as black hole evaporation. CERN's Large Hadron Collider may be able to create micro black holes and observe their evaporation !
Of course, Rybka was evaporated only in some areas of our universe !
If you like M-theory (branes theory) they are for sure a lot of universes.......

SilvianR :wink:
Leto

Re: Quantum fish

Post by Leto »

Last I heard Iweta won a small tournament in Poland at the end of 2014. Despite winning the tournament she ended up losing 9 rating points.
http://ratings.fide.com/tournament_repo ... =104392&t=
S.Taylor

Post by S.Taylor »

If he is not pressed for money, I suppose he was just happy to give up his Rybka project.
I had the impression he had a very healthy outlook on life, and now that he was so unappreciated at the end, he was happy to step aside and give others a chance, and let his Rybka project just be one of his old memories, and he probably decided to move on.
Sedat Canbaz

Post by Sedat Canbaz »

Today Vasik Rajlich is doing what others don't,
So tomorrow he can do what others can't ))!!

And it will be great,
If Vas again will be in ComputerChess, then our hobby will much more exiting..!

I missed him a lot...

Best,
Sedat
Rebel

Post by Rebel »

Sedat Canbaz wrote:And it will be great,

I missed him a lot...
Give me one good reason why he would return to the people who slaughtered him.
Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi Ed,

thinking on your discuss with the Critter programmer and all the proofs the Critter programmer gave.

Reason 1!

Thinking on the time Igorit was available. No statement from Vas ...

Reason 2!

Thinking on the other dsicusses about the topic around Rybka - Fruit!

Reason 3!

Thinking on it was ICGA do, no official comments to the main topic at this time ... ICGA was right in my opinion!

Reason 4!

Thinking on the time Rybka 3 was availabe and differnet bugs are reported. A long time no comments from him, no update!

Reason 5!

Vas was a not available programmer for us, most of the time. Never he speak with us to important topics.

Today the program is old. Fruit have much problems with king safty, Rybka too. Fruit was strong in endgame, Rybka too but here clearly improved. In my opinion an improved Fruit in early endgame and endgame.

In my opinion ...
NO LOSS for the community!

Just, it's nothing as bad history!
I am thinking yes, Vas had good ideas yes, but never he was speaking from Fruit. Never he gave us to important topics his comments.

Bye, bye Vas and welcome to all others great programmers, do more as Vas for the small community. I can see around 50 ore more important developments today which are much more important as Rybka in the past.

Best
Frank

And I am thinking on the interview I made with him. I am thinking in special on two questions and different answers he gave me by mail.

Again ...
No loss for myself!

In my opinion a bit commerce not more not less! A very bad example what others do with a honest programmers (Fruit programmer). I will not know how many others used his work without any comments about it. That
isn't right.
Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Rebel wrote:
Sedat Canbaz wrote:And it will be great,

I missed him a lot...
Give me one good reason why he would return to the people who slaughtered him.
Because there are more people who appreciate his work than hate it.