Nirvanachess, Deuterium and EXchess are on the way!

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Frank Quisinsky
Full name: Frank Quisinsky

Nirvanachess, Deuterium and EXchess are on the way!

Post by Frank Quisinsky »

Hi there,

Nirvanachess:
The new version 2.0b can be my favorite engine for the year 2015. Very aggressive style, a bit to compare to Junior and Spark after the opening book moves. A lot of fast won games, without fast lost games. The endgame is clearly better as the endgame from the other attacker Junior and Spark if I compare. I have a lot of fun here with Nirvanachess games.

EXchess:
Can also play very aggressive and produced a lot of fast won games. Most of endgames are good but the weak point so far if I compare with others. EXchess 7.51 hold the strong style after the latest update. I like this engine a lot and in the middle of the games I saw surprising maneuvers.

Deuterium:
Clearly lesser are the quantity with fast lost games. Over 40 Elo improvments to the latest version. Deuterium plays a very strong endgame. Withh more moves engine will be stronger and stronger. Interesting is the move average with 84 only. Most of the ohters are clearly over 84 moves. Normaly an engine stronger in endgames build a higher move average (without resign around 88-92 moves). Nice style, no other engine have and very interesting what Deuterium do in late middlegames.

After my FCT1-2015 I will more looking in detail. At the moment 8.400 of 10.500 games played in that horror tournament, running a longer time.

Thanks to all programmers ...
Nice improvments for each of the 7 updates.

Best
Frank
supersharp77

Re:Nirvanachess issues, Deuterium & EXchess are on the w

Post by supersharp77 »

You might want to tell the Nirvanachess creator that the w32 Nivanachess 1.7 and 2.0a versions are not working (XP) and adding the msvcp100.dll
and msvcr100.dll files made no difference (not valid w32 error message)
only version I have ever been able to get to work is v1.1 Thx AR