Shredder 13 for new year 2015 ??

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: bob, hgm, Harvey Williamson

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
Post Reply
User avatar
Mithu
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:59 am

Shredder 13 for new year 2015 ??

Post by Mithu » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:17 am

I would like to ask if there would be any chance to release Shredder 13 by 2015? I think It would be nice to have the new version, what do you think, guys ?

Image

User avatar
reflectionofpower
Posts: 1461
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:28 pm
Location: USA

Re: Shredder 13 for new year 2015 ??

Post by reflectionofpower » Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:20 pm

Mithu wrote:I would like to ask if there would be any chance to release Shredder 13 by 2015? I think It would be nice to have the new version, what do you think, guys ?

Image
Deep Shredder 12 was released in Jan 2010. That was almost 5 years ago. Unless Stefan has been burning the midnight oil I think this program is done.
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie

User avatar
Matthias Gemuh
Posts: 3238
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:10 am
Contact:

Re: Shredder 13 for new year 2015 ??

Post by Matthias Gemuh » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:17 pm

Mithu wrote:I would like to ask if there would be any chance to release Shredder 13 by 2015? I think It would be nice to have the new version, what do you think, guys ?

Image
The Ippo family of engines stopped the development of desktop Shredder permanently.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de

User avatar
Sylwy
Posts: 3372
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:19 pm
Location: IASI (Romania) - the historical capital of MOLDOVA

Re: Shredder 13 for new year 2015 ??

Post by Sylwy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:51 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Mithu wrote:I would like to ask if there would be any chance to release Shredder 13 by 2015? I think It would be nice to have the new version, what do you think, guys ?

Image
The Ippo family of engines stopped the development of desktop Shredder permanently.
Add please Hiarcs & Fritz !

Deep Fritz 14 is in fact an Ippo derivative ! Just a ChessBase joke !

http://www.top-5000.nl/fritz.htm

SilvianR :wink:
SilvianR :wink:

User avatar
velmarin
Posts: 1600
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:48 am

Re: Shredder 13 for new year 2015 ??

Post by velmarin » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:32 pm

Matthias Gemuh wrote: The Ippo family of engines stopped the development of desktop Shredder permanently.
Interesting sentence to conclude,
the question is:
What does the bacon, with the speed.

User avatar
AdminX
Posts: 5451
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: Acworth, GA
Contact:

Re: Shredder 13 for new year 2015 ??

Post by AdminX » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:35 pm

Sylwy wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Mithu wrote:I would like to ask if there would be any chance to release Shredder 13 by 2015? I think It would be nice to have the new version, what do you think, guys ?

Image
The Ippo family of engines stopped the development of desktop Shredder permanently.
Add please Hiarcs & Fritz !

Deep Fritz 14 is in fact an Ippo derivative ! Just a ChessBase joke !

http://www.top-5000.nl/fritz.htm

SilvianR :wink:
Are you sure ...

I thought Fritz 14 was a renamed Pandex Breakthrough

https://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/Pandix
"Good decisions come from experience, and experience comes from bad decisions."
__________________________________________________________________
Ted Summers

User avatar
Sylwy
Posts: 3372
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:19 pm
Location: IASI (Romania) - the historical capital of MOLDOVA

Re: Shredder 13 for new year 2015 ??

Post by Sylwy » Mon Dec 29, 2014 7:16 pm

AdminX wrote:
Sylwy wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Mithu wrote:I would like to ask if there would be any chance to release Shredder 13 by 2015? I think It would be nice to have the new version, what do you think, guys ?

Image
The Ippo family of engines stopped the development of desktop Shredder permanently.
Add please Hiarcs & Fritz !

Deep Fritz 14 is in fact an Ippo derivative ! Just a ChessBase joke !

http://www.top-5000.nl/fritz.htm

SilvianR :wink:
Are you sure ...

I thought Fritz 14 was a renamed Pandex Breakthrough

https://chessprogramming.wikispaces.com/Pandix
Hi !

Absolutely ! I know Pandix. DF14 has nothining to do with the classical Pandix !

SilvianR :wink:
SilvianR :wink:

User avatar
Mithu
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:59 am

Re: Shredder 13 for new year 2015 ??

Post by Mithu » Tue Dec 30, 2014 2:48 am

reflectionofpower wrote:
Mithu wrote:I would like to ask if there would be any chance to release Shredder 13 by 2015? I think It would be nice to have the new version, what do you think, guys ?

Image
Deep Shredder 12 was released in Jan 2010. That was almost 5 years ago. Unless Stefan has been burning the midnight oil I think this program is done.
Why must an author release a super-strong engine? What about creativity and originality? I am sure Shredder has enough fan following not to worry about the ELO rat race amongst engines. I am not against the Super GM engines but if that was the reason Shredder has stopped its a pity and I would like to use this platform to request SMK to rethink his retirement. We love you SMK, and Shredder! Your contemporary Hiarcs is still going strong and so is Junior!

Talking about strength vs creativity, I suggest anyone here to just try playing Rhetoric and see for themselves. This one is a real G(e)M. But that is another story...

User avatar
asanjuan
Posts: 211
Joined: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:38 pm
Location: Seville, Spain

Re: Shredder 13 for new year 2015 ??

Post by asanjuan » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:23 am

Mithu wrote: Talking about strength vs creativity, I suggest anyone here to just try playing Rhetoric and see for themselves. This one is a real G(e)M. But that is another story...
Thank you!
:D

Post Reply