Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Harvey Williamson, bob

Forum rules
This textbox is used to restore diagrams posted with the [d] tag before the upgrade.
User avatar
reflectionofpower
Posts: 1455
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:28 pm
Location: USA

Re: Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Post by reflectionofpower » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:36 am

Graham Banks wrote:Thanks to the Equinox author (Giancarlo Delli Colli) for giving me permission to make his engine freely available to all. :)

http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/discuss ... p?id=32973
It says in your profile that you're into rock music. I can't picture you with your arm raised up giving the horn sign and flicking your lighter to Black Sabbath. :)
"hodie mihi, cras tibi"

Lonnie

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 32778
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Post by Graham Banks » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:46 am

reflectionofpower wrote:It says in your profile that you're into rock music. I can't picture you with your arm raised up giving the horn sign and flicking your lighter to Black Sabbath. :)
Great group! Love their music. :wink:
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

User avatar
reflectionofpower
Posts: 1455
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:28 pm
Location: USA

Re: Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Post by reflectionofpower » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:48 am

Graham Banks wrote:
reflectionofpower wrote:It says in your profile that you're into rock music. I can't picture you with your arm raised up giving the horn sign and flicking your lighter to Black Sabbath. :)
Great group! Love their music. :wink:
Them and Led Zeppelin are timeless.
"hodie mihi, cras tibi"

Lonnie

User avatar
Graham Banks
Posts: 32778
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am
Location: Auckland, NZ

Re: The next without readme (? for all)

Post by Graham Banks » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:48 am

Sedat Canbaz wrote:Hello dear Graham,

Many thanks to Giancarlo Delli Colli and to you too!

BTW,
Let this day be full of joy and celebration!
I wish you an outstanding and fabulous birthday my chess friend!!

Greetings
Sedat
Thanks Sedat.
Cats woke me up. Back to bed! :lol:
My email addresses:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
gbanksnz at yahoo.co.nz

Dayffd
Posts: 412
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:30 am

Re: Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Post by Dayffd » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Graham Banks wrote:Thanks to the Equinox author (Giancarlo Delli Colli) for giving me permission to make his engine freely available to all. :)

http://kirill-kryukov.com/chess/discuss ... p?id=32973
Thank you, Graham! :)
David S.

FriedmannC
Posts: 273
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:58 pm
Location: SUCEAVA, ROMANIA

Re: Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Post by FriedmannC » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:34 pm

Rybka 5 is next 8-)

User avatar
Mithu
Posts: 213
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:59 am

Re: Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Post by Mithu » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:22 pm

A thanks is in order... A big thank you to the author and Graham for this release! Great gift indeed :)

User avatar
Dr.Wael Deeb
Posts: 9635
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 7:44 pm
Location: Amman,Jordan

Re: Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:29 pm

Thanks for the new release....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….

User avatar
Werner
Posts: 2389
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:09 pm

Re: Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Post by Werner » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:31 pm

I have here a nice win against Komodo 8 from the last update of our lists:

[pgn][Event "CEGTmk"]
[Site ""]
[Date "2014.09.23"]
[Round "54"]
[White "Equinox 1.90 x64 4CPU"]
[Black "Komodo 8.0 x64 4CPU"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2200"]
[BlackElo "2200"]
[PlyCount "32"]
[EventDate "2014.??.??"]
[TimeControl "40/480:40/480:40/480"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 Bc5 4. O-O {+0.38/22 19} Nd4 {-0.20/19 22} 5. Nxd4 {
+0.23/2125} Bxd4 {-0.30/20 21} 6. c3 {+0.25/22 10} Bb6 {-0.34/21 8} 7. Na3 {+0.
26/22 4} c6 {-0.15/20 9} 8. Be2 {+0.35/21 4} Nf6 {-0.23/22 11} 9. Nc4 {+0.40/23
74} Nxe4 {-0.08/18 5} 10. d3 {+0.29/21 33} Nf6 {-0.12/20 7} 11. Nd6+ {+0.69/21
18} Ke7 {+0.03/19 7} 12. d4 {+0.56/20 9} Kxd6 {-0.13/23 12} 13. dxe5+ {+1.06/
16 2} Kxe5 {-0.13/23 5} 14. Bf4+ {+M10/23 10} Kxf4 {-5.30/19 44} 15. Qd6+ {+M9/
24 4} Kf5 {-M8/19 2} 16. Bd3+ {+M8/24 2} Kg5 {-M7/19 1 1-0 Arena Entscheidung}
1-0 [/pgn]
Werner

User avatar
reflectionofpower
Posts: 1455
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:28 pm
Location: USA

Re: Equinox 3.20 (free to all)

Post by reflectionofpower » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:39 pm

Werner wrote:I have here a nice win against Komodo 8 from the last update of our lists:

[pgn][Event "CEGTmk"]
[Site ""]
[Date "2014.09.23"]
[Round "54"]
[White "Equinox 1.90 x64 4CPU"]
[Black "Komodo 8.0 x64 4CPU"]
[Result "1-0"]
[WhiteElo "2200"]
[BlackElo "2200"]
[PlyCount "32"]
[EventDate "2014.??.??"]
[TimeControl "40/480:40/480:40/480"]

1. e4 e5 2. Nf3 Nc6 3. Bb5 Bc5 4. O-O {+0.38/22 19} Nd4 {-0.20/19 22} 5. Nxd4 {
+0.23/2125} Bxd4 {-0.30/20 21} 6. c3 {+0.25/22 10} Bb6 {-0.34/21 8} 7. Na3 {+0.
26/22 4} c6 {-0.15/20 9} 8. Be2 {+0.35/21 4} Nf6 {-0.23/22 11} 9. Nc4 {+0.40/23
74} Nxe4 {-0.08/18 5} 10. d3 {+0.29/21 33} Nf6 {-0.12/20 7} 11. Nd6+ {+0.69/21
18} Ke7 {+0.03/19 7} 12. d4 {+0.56/20 9} Kxd6 {-0.13/23 12} 13. dxe5+ {+1.06/
16 2} Kxe5 {-0.13/23 5} 14. Bf4+ {+M10/23 10} Kxf4 {-5.30/19 44} 15. Qd6+ {+M9/
24 4} Kf5 {-M8/19 2} 16. Bd3+ {+M8/24 2} Kg5 {-M7/19 1 1-0 Arena Entscheidung}
1-0 [/pgn]
12)...Kxd6?? was a horrible move. Komodo 8 on my end does e4 with white only having slight advantage. In fact no program I have wants to do Kxd6?? Kxd6 just opens up black to a horrible assault on the king.
"hodie mihi, cras tibi"

Lonnie

Post Reply