Elektro - U.C.I.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Carotino

Re: Elektro - U.C.I.

Post by Carotino »

Hi to all,
I wanted to keep the original terminology. :)
On modern PC:

TitanicMode = ON;
TitanicCpuSizing = number of cores of your computer;

otherwise, the engine will run using only one core.

With regard to the strength of the game, I think I've improved quite well the engine but, to be honest, I have not tested Elektro against original Igorrit.

In blitz-games, the engine is a little less strong than Gull-3 and basically on par with Fire-3. Elektro plays better in long-time games.

Finally, as regards the 32-bit version ... Why not? A vintage touch never hurts, maybe even compile an 8-bit version for the Commodore-64 and ZX-81... :D
Roberto
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Carotino wrote:Hi to all,
On modern PC:

TitanicMode = ON;

With regard to the strength of the game, I think I've improved quite well the engine but, to be honest, I have not tested Elektro against original Igorrit.

In blitz-games, the engine is a little less strong than Gull-3 and basically on par with Fire-3. Elektro plays better in long-time games.

Finally, as regards the 32-bit version ... Why not? A vintage touch never hurts, maybe even compile an 8-bit version for the Commodore-64 and ZX-81... :D
Roberto - has Elektro now replaced DeepSaros as your main project?

Graham.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Carotino

Post by Carotino »

Yes Graham, Elektro has now replaced DeepSaros in my Ippo-mania.
:)

To the delight of Fernando, now you can also download the 64-bit version. I also fixed a couple of bugs in the 64-bit version.

Download: http://elektrochessengine.blogspot.it/p ... -page.html
Roberto
Carotino

Post by Carotino »

Hem... I'm sorry, I meant the 32-bit version
Roberto
Kyodai

Post by Kyodai »

Carotino wrote:Hi to all,
On modern PC:

TitanicMode = ON;

Thanks for your comment! My reason for asking was just where to put
Elektro in my private rating list. There I have Igorrit 3002 and Fire 3 is
3035. So I will put Elektro on par with Fire :)
Carotino

Post by Carotino »

My assertion is only indicative, I have not yet done systematic testing.
I think to launch the first systematic tests during this weekend...
Roberto
reflectionofpower

Post by reflectionofpower »

Carotino wrote:My assertion is only indicative, I have not yet done systematic testing.
I think to launch the first systematic tests during this weekend...
I would like to know and I am sure others do as to why you went from Vitruvius-DeepSaros and now Elektro?

Did you want to incorporate different concepts into your initial builds and then you assumed it was better to do a total restructure?
"Without change, something sleeps inside us, and seldom awakens. The sleeper must awaken." (Dune - 1984)

Lonnie
Carotino

Post by Carotino »

Yes, basically it is.
Basically, my main interest is chess, and only secondarily programming. This explains my use of MODs, rather than make an engine from scratch.
Then you must consider my terrible laziness: it costs too much time, too much work and too much effort to implement an engine from scratch and take it to a good strength level.
Roberto
kranium

Post by kranium »

Carotino wrote: Second: Igorrit, in my opinion, it was a more interesting engine than Ivanhoe. I have tried to change and improve this interesting project.
I'm confused, the files used to compile Elektro, as well as a complete list of functions, vars, etc., can be seen in the binary (just open it with Wordpad).
They match 100% to recent IvanHoe (which is stronger and much further developed than Igorrit).

?
kranium

Post by kranium »

reflectionofpower wrote: I would like to know and I am sure others do as to why you went from Vitruvius-DeepSaros and now Elektro?
also:

Akkad
by "Tarek Manesmin"
http://www.chessmosaic.com/Akkad1.html
(the beautiful jimbo.com site with a Persian them site has since been removed)

and
Chess 4.1
by "Zhang Dong"
http://chess41.jimdo.com/

anyway, it's a looks like a nice effort (especially the website!) and I'm looking forward to testing Elektro.

Good luck with your project Roberto!