Elektro - U.C.I.

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Ozymandias

Re: Elektro - U.C.I.

Post by Ozymandias »

Carotino wrote:Another Ippo-derivate??? Ooooh, have mercy!!

Ok, seriously.

First: this is only a programming exercise, done for mere personal entertainment.
Second: Igorrit, in my opinion, it was a more interesting engine than Ivanhoe. I have tried to change and improve this interesting project.

After much work, the engine has been completely overhauled, in almost all its parts. I can now say, with security, that Elektro is not the usual Ippolit-clone, but is now an (almost) independent engine.

My dream: to be able to get closer to strength of the three current leaders (StockFisch, Komodo, Houdini).
Unfortunately, the engine it is still not as strong as I expected. There is still much work to do!

Download: http://elektrochessengine.blogspot.it/p ... -page.html

Blog: http://elektrochessengine.blogspot.it/

Note: You do not recognize me, I have adopted the improbable name of Dr. Otto Schmidt! 8-)
Sounds interesting, can you tell us something about its style, at this stage? Have you incorporated the positional changes, you tried with Vitruvius?
Carotino

Post by Carotino »

Vitruvius was fun, but now he is dead.
With Elektro I'm going back to the mouth of the first Ippolits, trying to apply them some new ideas.
So far, I'm having fun. In this period of global economic crisis, it is not a small thing! :)

My next goal: how to become a fanatic of ISIS, and then cut, cut, cut!
Roberto
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

Carotino wrote:Vitruvius was fun, but now he is dead.
With Elektro I'm going back to the mouth of the first Ippolits, trying to apply them some new ideas.
So far, I'm having fun. In this period of global economic crisis, it is not a small thing! :)

My next goal: how to become a fanatic of ISIS, and then cut, cut, cut!
Yes, I understand what your goals are with this one. I was just wondering if we could expect, some of the less materialistic behavior and closed positions grasp, Vitruvius had.

I'm talking from hearsay. In Freestyle the clock doesn't allow you to try the moves from weaker engines; therefor, I was always waiting to see if the next release, would bring it to the point were I could risk bringing it into the roster. Sorry to hear of its demise.
Carotino

Post by Carotino »

Of course, I understand your point of view. Vitruvius is dead, but the ideas behind this engine are still alive. Elektro is still a puppy, but slowly I want to do become an adult, also with the ideas that were the basis of Vitruvius.
Roberto
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

Oh my, one more engine I have to keep an eye on, then. :)
kranium

Post by kranium »

Carotino wrote: With regard to the strength of the game, I think I've improved quite well the engine but, to be honest, I have not tested Elektro against original Igorrit.

In blitz-games, the engine is a little less strong than Gull-3 and basically on par with Fire-3. Elektro plays better in long-time games.
Some friendly advice Roberto:
test 'before' the release and before making such statements.

Owl has completed 1900 blitz games:
http://top-chessengine-clones.blogspot.be/
Ozymandias

Post by Ozymandias »

kranium wrote:
Carotino wrote: With regard to the strength of the game, I think I've improved quite well the engine but, to be honest, I have not tested Elektro against original Igorrit.

In blitz-games, the engine is a little less strong than Gull-3 and basically on par with Fire-3. Elektro plays better in long-time games.
Some friendly advice Roberto:
test 'before' the release and before making such statements.

Owl has completed 1900 blitz games:
http://top-chessengine-clones.blogspot.be/
That's bullet testing.
Carotino

Post by Carotino »

The only thing that I can read in this test is: Fire is very good in bullet-games.
Wow... Congratulations, Normy!
Roberto
Jamal Bubker

Post by Jamal Bubker »

Thanks Roberto :D !
Carotino

Elektro ver. 1.1a

Post by Carotino »

With this version, Elektro has finally reached a fairly stable version.
Now start a long series of tests and only at the end of this I will provide to make any improvements and / or corrections.

http://elektrochessengine.blogspot.it/2 ... rsion.html
Roberto