A question about a program to analyze pgn

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

phenri

Re: A question about a program to analyze pgn

Post by phenri »

I do not see any simpler than that available from at least Fritz7 (uci)

Frizt7 GUI is a freeware now, this come with the engine fritz6 (light). The service pack come with the uci support.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

phenri wrote:Image

Frizt7 GUI is a freeware now, this come with the engine fritz6 (light). The service pack come with the uci support.
Missing option when the position is already won or a loss by some threshold. Similar to F13 that I have. There are also positions that are marked as blunders based on 50 cp option but were not considered as tactics, as a result when filtering tactics positions those blunder positions are not presented to the user.
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Ferdy wrote:

Missing option when the position is already won or a loss by some threshold. Similar to F13 that I have. There are also positions that are marked as blunders based on 50 cp option but were not considered as tactics, as a result when filtering tactics positions those blunder positions are not presented to the user.
The tactics that I mean here is actually called Training.
Dan Astrachan

Post by Dan Astrachan »

Thanks for the pointer. I have downloaded Fritz 7, it's running well but once you've annoted a game using the options you provided, how can you see the problematic positions in the form of training exercises?
Computer used: Intel Core i7 875K @ 2.93GH, 4 cores, 12 Gb of RAM
Ferdy

Post by Ferdy »

Dan wrote:Thanks for the pointer. I have downloaded Fritz 7, it's running well but once you've annoted a game using the options you provided, how can you see the problematic positions in the form of training exercises?
First you should analyze in fritz format not pgn. Once analysis is done, open the database, then filter games, then select the anotation tab, then enable the checkbox training. This at least works in F13.
Uri Blass

Post by Uri Blass »

I see based on the screen that I can also use fixed depth and not only fixed time.

2 questions:
1)Is it possible only under Fritz?(I do not see this option in scid)
2)Is it possible to do it for pgn and not only for a single game?(I do not see that you need to enter name of pgn file in the screen).
phenri

Post by phenri »

Uri Blass wrote: 2)Is it possible to do it for pgn and not only for a single game?(I do not see that you need to enter name of pgn file in the screen).
Press F12 to open database, then select the games with shift + left click OR ctrl + left click, then go to menu Tools - Analysis