LS-ratinglist is finished...

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

melajara

Re: LS-ratinglist is finished...

Post by melajara »

I'm deeply saddened by your decision. The LS list was my favorite one since the demise of the IPPON list.

You had a very well calibrated list and I found your results very sound.

Actually I was checking this list almost daily, especially waiting for the special day, I anticipated to be sometime around the end of this month, where the latest SF dev would top Houdini 4.

Too bad you decided to stop your list. You provided a substitute, but no that recommendation is no substitute, where are the recent SF dev versions? There is seemingly only one after SF DD, SF 140212, not a very recent one, huh?

Please, Stefan, reconsider your position but if you decide not to do so, anyway thank you very much to have honed our passion for computer chess with your most appreciated Lightspeed rating list!
Per ardua ad astra
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

melajara wrote:I'm deeply saddened by your decision. The LS list was my favorite one since the demise of the IPPON list.

You had a very well calibrated list and I found your results very sound.

Actually I was checking this list almost daily, especially waiting for the special day, I anticipated to be sometime around the end of this month, where the latest SF dev would top Houdini 4.

Too bad you decided to stop your list. You provided a substitute, but no that recommendation is no substitute, where are the recent SF dev versions? There is seemingly only one after SF DD, SF 140212, not a very recent one, huh?

Please, Stefan, reconsider your position but if you decide not to do so, anyway thank you very much to have honed our passion for computer chess with your most appreciated Lightspeed rating list!
I know, that most people are interested in my Stockfish-testing. But for doing that, there is no need to have a complete ratinglist. As I wrote before in this post, the testing of Stockfish-Devs will continue (Stockfish 140423 is running at the moment!) against the big3 (Houdini, Komodo, Gull). And therefore I will create a new website in the near future.
And because i dont have to test other engines for a ratinglist, i will do more Stockfish-testing than ever before (nearly every week, if there are some functional patches, passing the framework-tests)

Stefan
j_romang

Post by j_romang »

pohl4711 wrote: I know, that most people are interested in my Stockfish-testing. But for doing that, there is no need to have a complete ratinglist. As I wrote before in this post, the testing of Stockfish-Devs will continue (Stockfish 140423 is running at the moment!) against the big3 (Houdini, Komodo, Gull). And therefore I will create a new website in the near future.
And because i dont have to test other engines for a ratinglist, i will do more Stockfish-testing than ever before (nearly every week, if there are some functional patches, passing the framework-tests)

Stefan
Unfortunately, I don't have engouth computing power to make the stockfish foreing engine test page usefull ; the error bars are huge. I tried to reduce the time controls 2 weeks ago to match your LS-rating list performance, but even with that this is not sufficient. Maintaining a low error bar rating list is a big thing : maybe we could join our forces for your next website :wink: