Lozza - A javascript UI and engine

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

op12no2
Full name: Colin Jenkins

Lozza - A javascript UI and engine

Post by op12no2 »

Hi,

I'm developing a javascript UI and to test it a simple javascript engine. It's not up to actually playing a game, but you can set up positions using FENs/EPDs and start an analysis or do a perft(n).

The UI/engine interface is JSON a encoded EPD; but it could be UCI and other javascript engines (or regular engines with a simple web server harness) could be integrated.

Only really tested in Google Chrome.

http://op12no2.me/toys/lozza/

Early days, lot's of fun...
cdani

Re: Lozza - A javascript UI and engine

Post by cdani »

+1 :-)
op12no2
Full name: Colin Jenkins

Post by op12no2 »

Hi Daniel,

Are you doing something in Javascript?

I think modern Javascript engines like Google Chrome's V8, which compiles to the native instruction set can probably be used to develop a serious engine and in some ways having whats-hot optimisation is a bonus; not that Lozza will ever be in that category; it's a bit of fun in the evenings.

I've added a menu option in Tests to try the 24 BKs using 120 sec per test. It currently gets 14/24 right on my 2.8G machine; and frustratingly unsolves some of the ones it ultimately gets wrong. Given there is only a running eval using material and PSTs I'm pretty happy with that at the moment.

The Idea was really more towards an online UI that engines can plug into, but I've got 'distracted' by the engine at the moment... :)

http://op12no2.me/toys/lozza

I'd like to take the opportunity to say thanks to the regular contributors here; I've solved a lot of bugs, especially in move generation, which were driving me nuts, with the help of these forums and the experience of the members, just be reading old threads.
cdani

Post by cdani »

Hello.
I like a lot the idea. But my javascript is very basic, I can only help by concepts.
I hope you will be able to develop a good engine and interface, sure will be very interesting!