ChessGUI 0.245f is available

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Matthias Gemuh

Re: ChessGUI 0.245f is available

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Modern Times wrote:Hi Matthias,

What is the relationship between the new chess960 castling options vs the ones that appeared in older GUIs:

Previously:
castling_HAha
castling_OO
castling_e1g1

now
AHah_KxR
KQkq_OO
AHah_OO
KQkq_KxR

I don't know how to set frc engines up under the new GUI. However my old 0.229 setups still work fine.
Hi Ray,

try AHah = UCI Engine, KQkq = WB Engine, KxR = SMK castling, OO = O-O castling.

Best,
Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Hi Krzysztof,

try dumping all your Syzygy files into one folder for all engines.
Things should get better when I resume chess programming later this year or early next year.

Cheers,
Matthias.
Thank you Matthias. Please write as set in the following times game - 5 seconds per move and 5 minutes + 3 seconds for each move.

From respect
Krzysztof
hgm
Full name: H G Muller

Post by hgm »

Note that WB engines are supposed to understand HAha castling in FRC, and that there is no guarantee they will understand KQkq. At least, the latter is not what WinBoard would send them... (The specs urge them to understand both X-FEN and Shredder FEN, but people are often lazy, and won't care about protocol violations they can get away with.)
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Matthias Gemuh wrote: Hi Ray,

try AHah = UCI Engine, KQkq = WB Engine, KxR = SMK castling, OO = O-O castling.

Best,
Matthias.
Perfect, thanks ! All combinations covered :)
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:
Hi Krzysztof,

try dumping all your Syzygy files into one folder for all engines.
Things should get better when I resume chess programming later this year or early next year.

Cheers,
Matthias.
Thank you Matthias. Please write as set in the following times game - 5 seconds per move and 5 minutes + 3 seconds for each move.

From respect
Krzysztof
a) Try "Analysis Time" = 0, 0, 5

b) Try "Time per Game" = 0, 5, 0, 3000

Best,
Matthias.
Last edited by Matthias Gemuh on Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

hgm wrote:Note that WB engines are supposed to understand HAha castling in FRC, and that there is no guarantee they will understand KQkq. At least, the latter is not what WinBoard would send them... (The specs urge them to understand both X-FEN and Shredder FEN, but people are often lazy, and won't care about protocol violations they can get away with.)
HGM, I shall try to understand such stuff only when I return to chess. :wink:
Krzysztof Grzelak

Matthias Gemuh wrote: a) Try "Analysis Time" = 0, 0, 5

b) Try "Time per Game" = 0, 5, 0, 3000

Best,
Matthias.
Thank you Matthias.

From respect
Krzysztof
Krzysztof Grzelak

What do the program during its movement did not show strange characters, and that the program was showing correctly TBs if engines do not use the TBs.

I have a question yet. Please write how you can best change the versions of the engine during the tournament. Let me give an example, I have the engine in version 2.0 and would like to change it to a newer version of the engine which the author released. Is it possible.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:What do the program during its movement did not show strange characters, and that the program was showing correctly TBs if engines do not use the TBs.

I have a question yet. Please write how you can best change the versions of the engine during the tournament. Let me give an example, I have the engine in version 2.0 and would like to change it to a newer version of the engine which the author released. Is it possible.
You can change an engine during a round robin or gauntlet, but not during a swiss.

Install your engine.
Close ChessGUI.
When you go back in, load your tournament.
In Tab 2 there is an option Add/Remove engines.
Click on it.
Remove the engine from the right by clicking on it and then the arrow pointing left.
Put in the new engine from the left by clicking on it and then the arrow moving it right.
Then resume tournament.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Krzysztof Grzelak

Graham Banks wrote:You can change an engine during a round robin or gauntlet, but not during a swiss.

Install your engine.
Close ChessGUI.
When you go back in, load your tournament.
In Tab 2 there is an option Add/Remove engines.
Click on it.
Remove the engine from the right by clicking on it and then the arrow pointing left.
Put in the new engine from the left by clicking on it and then the arrow moving it right.
Then resume tournament.
Thank you very much Graham. Please write as you know what is the difference in the program between WB1 and WB2. I ask because I installed in the engine Santana 2.0.6 and Sjakk 2.2 somehow these engines would not work in the program. Maybe I did something wrong in the program.