ChessGUI 0.245f is available

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Jimbo I

Re: ChessGUI 0.245f is available

Post by Jimbo I »

Sorry for the previous post. ChessGUI 0.245g is now working for me. I don't know what was initially wrong; ChessGUI 0.176 worked just fine, but version 0.245g (and 0.245f) had the messed up graphics as described.

I rebooted the machine (for a different reason), and now all is working well. I guess some electrons got misdirected in Windoze...
Krzysztof Grzelak

Post by Krzysztof Grzelak »

Hello all.

I have a question and ask for advice. During the game engine Chiron 2 shows tbhits. It does not show In the window on the right side of Eng1. Unfortunately, I do not know what the reason is that the party does not show in the window. Can anyone write why this is happening and what to do to show in the right pane. For any advice and tips thank you.
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:Hello all.

I have a question and ask for advice. During the game engine Chiron 2 shows tbhits. It does not show In the window on the right side of Eng1. Unfortunately, I do not know what the reason is that the party does not show in the window. Can anyone write why this is happening and what to do to show in the right pane. For any advice and tips thank you.
If an engine is correctly reporting tbhits, they should appear on Eng1 when engine is white, and on Eng2 when engine is black.

Matthias.
My engine was quite strong till I added knowledge to it.
http://www.chess.hylogic.de
Krzysztof Grzelak

Matthias Gemuh wrote:If an engine is correctly reporting tbhits, they should appear on Eng1 when engine is white, and on Eng2 when engine is black.
Matthias.
Thank you very much for the answer Matthias. Unfortunately, it does not show tbhits. Here is a log of the program, as you can see in the game shows.

http://pl.rghost.net/private/58107904/9 ... 330c0a5ffe

From respect
Krzysztof
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:
Matthias Gemuh wrote:If an engine is correctly reporting tbhits, they should appear on Eng1 when engine is white, and on Eng2 when engine is black.
Matthias.
Thank you very much for the answer Matthias. Unfortunately, it does not show tbhits. Here is a log of the program, as you can see in the game shows.

http://pl.rghost.net/private/58107904/9 ... 330c0a5ffe

From respect
Krzysztof
Search info without a "pv" nor "score" is junk (according to ChessGUI) and is only parsed if "Parse UCI Junk" is activated on tab "GUI 1" of "GUI Preferences".

Best,
Matthias.
Kirk

Post by Kirk »

Matthias Gemuh wrote:ChessGUI 0.245f is available

... now supports Sysygy.

Matthias.
Thanks Matthias for keep working on this project!
“He knew all the tricks, dramatic irony, metaphor, pathos, puns, parody, litotes and... satire. He was vicious”
Krzysztof Grzelak

Matthias Gemuh wrote:Search info without a "pv" nor "score" is junk (according to ChessGUI) and is only parsed if "Parse UCI Junk" is activated on tab "GUI 1" of "GUI Preferences".

Best,
Matthias.
Thank you very much for your help Matthias. Now everything works correctly.

From respect
Krzysztof
Krzysztof Grzelak

Matthias enormity another request. Please write what should be the correct entry options Syzygy TB Path to other engines seen 6 man Syzygy.

From respect
Krzysztof
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Hi Matthias,

What is the relationship between the new chess960 castling options vs the ones that appeared in older GUIs:

Previously:
castling_HAha
castling_OO
castling_e1g1

now
AHah_KxR
KQkq_OO
AHah_OO
KQkq_KxR

I don't know how to set frc engines up under the new GUI. However my old 0.229 setups still work fine.
Matthias Gemuh

Post by Matthias Gemuh »

Krzysztof Grzelak wrote:Matthias enormity another request. Please write what should be the correct entry options Syzygy TB Path to other engines seen 6 man Syzygy.

From respect
Krzysztof
Hi Krzysztof,

try dumping all your Syzygy files into one folder for all engines.
Things should get better when I resume chess programming later this year or early next year.

Cheers,
Matthias.