Deep Saros 4.1.3b bugfix edition

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

ernest

Re: Deep Saros 4.1.3b bugfix edition

Post by ernest »

Carotino wrote:I forgot to give this dll file:
Hi Roberto,

In version 416, you give the 32-bit dll.

But when I double-click on DeepSaros_416_w32.exe
I obtain:

Code: Select all

compiled with PREFETCH
RobboBases enabled by compile
ZUGZWANG_DETECT intact
RobboBaseLib Dynamic_Link
./RobboBaseLib.so not detected
../RobboBaseLib.so not detected
RobboBaseLibrary buys not in consist
and despite setting the correct Robbobases path (I tried with the old Robbobases and the new Robbobases, BTW does DeepSaros use the old or the new?) they are not loaded into memory.
Norm Pollock

Post by Norm Pollock »

Hi Roberto,

The 416 64-bit versions do not give me 2 cores working even though I specify 2 cores in the config using Arena. Only 1 core (50% on a 2 core CPU) works.
Jim Logan

Post by Jim Logan »

Norm Pollock wrote:Hi Roberto,

The 416 64-bit versions do not give me 2 cores working even though I specify 2 cores in the config using Arena. Only 1 core (50% on a 2 core CPU) works.
Same problem in Chessbase 12 (64bit). Only one core can be accessed.
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

Jim Logan wrote:

Have you checked the MultiThread box as well? You'll have to, otherwise it will not use more than 1 thread (or core).
Jim Logan

Post by Jim Logan »

carldaman wrote:
Jim Logan wrote:

Have you checked the MultiThread box as well? You'll have to, otherwise it will not use more than 1 thread (or core).
I do have that checked, and looking into it a bit deeper, when you change the number of cores used in the parameters, it seems to use them, at least under Chessbase 12. However, during analysis, you used to be able to set the number of cores used from the GUI, and that facility now seems disabled and always showing 1 CPU regardless of what it is really using.