Komodo-TCEC

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

lkaufman

Re: Komodo-TCEC

Post by lkaufman »

fern wrote:Hi Larry:
Perhaps, following and idea by Timothy F and me, you could produce also a DVD with the program you mention and some extra stuff based in Don life, say, clips of his participation in tournaments, old programs by him -which you can get, as I have done, in "abandonia",like Kasparov Gambit and Socrates-, maybe yourself saying something about your partnership,etc.
It would be an special edition priced high, perhaps 100 bucks, which could be useful, even if the stock sold is not very great, to support the widow.
I understand that to produce a decent DVD is not that expensive and could be made even by private people in his house.

Fern
It's a good idea but one that would take some time, so perhaps something for the next release. One problem is that I live rather far from Don (4 to 5 hour car trip). I'm also not sure how easy it would be to find some of the things you mention. But I can mention it to Mary.
fern

Post by fern »

Yes, it could be done for a next release, so you have time to sell the current one and prepare the stuff. Don Dailey Special Edition perhaps?
It is also a way to give solid matter to the remembrance of Don as much as a simple software that you download has not the same resilience and meaning.
Maybe you could phone Mary and ask what she could add to the stuff of this by now hypothetical dvd.

my best

Of course I will purchase anyway the Komodo you just announced for the next days...

Fern
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Might be better to call it Komodo TCEC2 (second TCEC), as you might win further TCEC competitions.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Dr.Wael Deeb

Post by Dr.Wael Deeb »

Graham Banks wrote:Might be better to call it Komodo TCEC2 (second TCEC), as you might win further TCEC competitions.
Correct....
Dr.D
_No one can hit as hard as life.But it ain’t about how hard you can hit.It’s about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward.How much you can take and keep moving forward….
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

Graham Banks wrote:Might be better to call it Komodo TCEC2 (second TCEC), as you might win further TCEC competitions.
If that would be the case it should be called nTCEC2, to be strictly correct.

I think TCEC is more than sufficient. It could be added as a description somewhere (readme/website) that it won Season 2.
Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Komodo nTCEC 2013.
fern

Post by fern »

Why not Komodo Don Dailey?

Fern
Vinvin
Full name: Vincent Lejeune

Post by Vinvin »

fern wrote:Why not Komodo Don Dailey?

Fern
Already answered here : http://www.talkchess.com/forum/viewtopi ... 585#544585
Paul Bedrey

Post by Paul Bedrey »

Thanks Larry. One suggestion is to have Komodo automatically use real threads rather than hyperthreads. Houdini 3 does it.
I have a quad Laptop and when I disable hyper it goes to 6 instead of 4. I have no problems with my desktops.
I mention this since I changed Komodo6 to 4 cores in parameters and after 14 games against Stockfish 32-bit 1 core laptop its dead even.
Komodo got blown out twice in less than 40 moves. Did not seem right. When I replayed but changed parameter to 8 cores including hyper they are draws. It seems stronger with 8. Depth is 1 deeper and total nodes is 75% greater.
fern

Post by fern »

Yes, right, thanks
as always, in the Moon....

I feel sometimes to be like one of the characters of George Melies exquisite film about that....

Fern