New Fritz author?

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

A Distel

Re: New Fritz author?

Post by A Distel »

Sylwy wrote:
A Distel wrote:
carldaman wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Steve Maughan wrote:Hi Kai,
Laskos wrote:I happened before, though not obviously. Fritz 11 has nothing to do with Fritz 10 and Frans Morsch. It has to do with Yuri Osipov and Vas Rajlich.
Really? Or are you joking?

If it's true, it's news to me.

Steve
He is joking. Morsch was the developer until, and including, Fritz 13.
Actually, I own both Fritz v10 and v11. They are different like day and night.

Sure, Fritz 11 is visibly stronger, but the great style of Fritz 10, a landmark program that defeated WC Kramnik in 2006, was completely gone. Fritz 10 was/is one of the few programs capable of playing well in closed positions.

Regards,
CL
Closed positions... Fritz10 or Deep Fritz10?
Deep Fritz 10.1 (version: 10.1.0.0; date of the version: 03-03-2007; size: 913.408 bytes) !

This engine has great tactical skills !

Regards,
SilvianR :wink:
Thank you very much for the info.
With kind regards,
Alain.
The road to chaos is filled with political correctness.
― Tadros
carldaman

Post by carldaman »

A Distel wrote:
carldaman wrote:
Albert Silver wrote:
Steve Maughan wrote:Hi Kai,
Laskos wrote:I happened before, though not obviously. Fritz 11 has nothing to do with Fritz 10 and Frans Morsch. It has to do with Yuri Osipov and Vas Rajlich.
Really? Or are you joking?

If it's true, it's news to me.

Steve
He is joking. Morsch was the developer until, and including, Fritz 13.
Actually, I own both Fritz v10 and v11. They are different like day and night.

Sure, Fritz 11 is visibly stronger, but the great style of Fritz 10, a landmark program that defeated WC Kramnik in 2006, was completely gone. Fritz 10 was/is one of the few programs capable of playing well in closed positions.

Regards,
CL
Closed positions... Fritz10 or Deep Fritz10?
I have Deep Fritz 10.1 (including the patch/update).
mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

Uri Blass wrote:My opinion is that the law should forbid this type of behaviour.

In other words the law should force changing the name of the program to some different name unless the new program is a derivative of the old program.

If Fritz14 is not a derivative of Fritz13 then there is no reason to keep the name Fritz and it is clearly trying to mislead the customers because my initial thought when I read Fritz14 is that it is a derivative of Fritz13.

Its about capitalism. Not about laws. In a global market, changing a Name is reducing the Sales, if your Product had a good name, I am sure many many people who buy fritz14 will be surprised if they suddenly find out it has the pandix engine inside.
That's how capitalism works.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Modern Times

Re: Who cares ?

Post by Modern Times »

Sylwy wrote: And for sure the new DFritz 14 is based on Pandix. Nothing to do with DFritz 13 (and the old historical code of Mr. Frans Morsch) excepting the ChessBase compiler !
I don't think that we know this for sure, do we ? Just because it is "completely redesigned" does not mean that all the old code was thrown away necessarily. Perhaps Albert can comment.
Sylwy
Full name: SilvianR

Re: Lesson number 2

Post by Sylwy »

mclane wrote:
Uri Blass wrote:My opinion is that the law should forbid this type of behaviour.

In other words the law should force changing the name of the program to some different name ........................

Its about capitalism. ................many many people who buy fritz14 will be surprised if they suddenly find out it has the pandix engine inside.
That's how capitalism works.

:lol:

mclane
Full name: Thorsten Czub

Post by mclane »

I waited long time to test pandix. Now it's possible.
What seems like a fairy tale today may be reality tomorrow.
Here we have a fairy tale of the day after tomorrow....
Sylwy

Post by Sylwy »

mclane wrote:I waited long time to test pandix. Now it's possible.
YES, Pandix has an impressive CV !

Sylwy

Re: it is absolutely sure !

Post by Sylwy »

Modern Times wrote:
Sylwy wrote: And for sure the new DFritz 14 is based on Pandix. Nothing to do with DFritz 13 (and the old historical code of Mr. Frans Morsch) excepting the ChessBase compiler !
I don't think that we know this for sure, do we ? Just because it is "completely redesigned" does not mean that all the old code was thrown away necessarily. Perhaps Albert can comment.

Hello !

It's absolutely sure.
1. Mr. Gyula Horvath is a member of CCC from two days ! No comments to Deep Fritz 14 = Pandix !
2.-Here is the official Fritz CV:

Modern Times

Post by Modern Times »

Just because it is on Wikipedia doesn't make it true..... I'd like Gyula to satisy my curiosity and confirm definitively that it is now his engine and that the old Fritz has gone.
Last edited by Modern Times on Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin Thoresen

Post by Martin Thoresen »

Modern Times wrote:Just because it is on Wikipedia doesn't make it true..... I'd like Gyula to confirm definitively that it is now his engine and that the old Fritz has gone.
He has confirmed it to me.