Don Dailey

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

bupalo

Re: Don Dailey

Post by bupalo »

Don is a great man also not only a programmer, we all miss him
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

lkaufman wrote:Don Dailey, my partner in the Komodo venture, has been transferred to a palliative care unit in the hospital. His leukemia has progressed to the point of no return, and he probably has only days left to live. His wife Mary agreed that it was better to inform the community of this rather than to wait until he dies to say anything. Don is at least glad to hear that Komodo will probably be in the TCEC final; hopefully he will at least live long enough to see that become definite. Don is 57 years old; a full obituary will appear here at the appropriate time.
Komodo will continue as a partnership between me and Mark Lefler, with Mary Dailey receiving an equal share of the proceeds. I'm in the hospital myself now, but I should be going home tomorrow with no further trouble expected.

Larry Kaufman
I am so sorry to hear that things have reached this stage. :cry:
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Werner
Full name: Werner Schüle

Post by Werner »

lkaufman wrote:Don Dailey, my partner in the Komodo venture, has been transferred to a palliative care unit in the hospital. His leukemia has progressed to the point of no return, and he probably has only days left to live. His wife Mary agreed that it was better to inform the community of this rather than to wait until he dies to say anything. Don is at least glad to hear that Komodo will probably be in the TCEC final; hopefully he will at least live long enough to see that become definite. Don is 57 years old; a full obituary will appear here at the appropriate time.
Komodo will continue as a partnership between me and Mark Lefler, with Mary Dailey receiving an equal share of the proceeds. I'm in the hospital myself now, but I should be going home tomorrow with no further trouble expected.
Larry Kaufman
I am very sorry to hear such sad news. I allways had the hope this would not happen.
Please send all my best to his family.
Werner
sedicla
Full name: Alcides Schulz

Post by sedicla »

Sorry to hear this :( . My thoughts are with him and his family.

Your work with Komodo had inspired me. Thank you.
Dirt

Post by Dirt »

Goodbye, Don. I hope Komodo keeps doing well.
Graham Banks

Post by Graham Banks »

Larry - please check your messages.
gbanksnz at gmail.com
Norm Pollock

Post by Norm Pollock »

I am sorry to hear this sad news.
Steve Maughan

Post by Steve Maughan »

I pray for you all,

Steve
http://www.chessprogramming.net - Maverick Chess Engine
Laszlo Gaspar

Post by Laszlo Gaspar »

I' m shocked! Don, thank you all the work you gave us and your posts were always pleasure to read! :cry:
Regards,
László
Carotino

Re: Don Dailey.

Post by Carotino »

I knew that Don was sick, but I did not believe that his disease was in such a late stage. This is bad news, very sad for me.
I will pray because God give strength to him and to his family.
Roberto