Don Dailey

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Joerg Oster

Re: Don Dailey

Post by Joerg Oster »

lkaufman wrote:Don Dailey, my partner in the Komodo venture, has been transferred to a palliative care unit in the hospital. His leukemia has progressed to the point of no return, and he probably has only days left to live. His wife Mary agreed that it was better to inform the community of this rather than to wait until he dies to say anything. Don is at least glad to hear that Komodo will probably be in the TCEC final; hopefully he will at least live long enough to see that become definite. Don is 57 years old; a full obituary will appear here at the appropriate time.
Komodo will continue as a partnership between me and Mark Lefler, with Mary Dailey receiving an equal share of the proceeds. I'm in the hospital myself now, but I should be going home tomorrow with no further trouble expected.

Larry Kaufman
Sad news.
My thoughts are with Don and his family.

I wish you a speed recovery.
Jörg Oster
fern

Post by fern »

What a sad new you give to us!
I hope that at least Don will pass away without pain and in the calm state of soul coming from having had a plentiful life, full of achievements.
If you can see him before the end. please say to him that I, from such a far country, think in him and am with him

Fern
JuLieN
Full name: Julien Marcel

Post by JuLieN »

lkaufman wrote:Don Dailey, my partner in the Komodo venture, has been transferred to a palliative care unit in the hospital. His leukemia has progressed to the point of no return, and he probably has only days left to live. His wife Mary agreed that it was better to inform the community of this rather than to wait until he dies to say anything. Don is at least glad to hear that Komodo will probably be in the TCEC final; hopefully he will at least live long enough to see that become definite. Don is 57 years old; a full obituary will appear here at the appropriate time.
Komodo will continue as a partnership between me and Mark Lefler, with Mary Dailey receiving an equal share of the proceeds. I'm in the hospital myself now, but I should be going home tomorrow with no further trouble expected.

Larry Kaufman
I have Don and his family in my prayers. :cry:
"The only good bug is a dead bug." (Don Dailey)
[Blog: http://tinyurl.com/predateur ] [Facebook: http://tinyurl.com/fbpredateur ] [MacEngines: http://tinyurl.com/macengines ]
Maximus

Post by Maximus »

I feel extremely sadness about this news. I have seen how many people complained in Don's work and finally his delivering a strong Komodo version everyone is wishing for but what we have not known is that he is suffering with this illness.

I salute you sir!
You need to have the fighting spirit, you need to force moves and take chances!!! - Bobby Fischer
tjfroh
Full name: Timothy Frohlick

Post by tjfroh »

Dr. Deeb, You and I face death realistically. Don will be comforted by his friends as his health declines. If Don were Capablanca or Magnus Carlsen an endgame miracle would occur. It has been nice knowing Don Dailey and he will be missed.

Rexchess 2.3 regards,

TJF

Dr.Wael Deeb wrote:I was afraid to read through the thread when I noticed it's title....

Palliative care means the endgame for Don unfortunately and I hope for the best when the end is near....
Dr.D
A New Way Comes Upon Earth.
God is an infinitely variable Constant.
Man marks his ground with ideologies.
Galaxies are the dreidels of God.
War is a punishment for implacability.
Peace flows from forgiveness of sins.
Hugo

Post by Hugo »

Larry Kaufman
This is realy verry sad. I run out of words...it makes me cry.
I wish his wife a strong mind and heart to deal with this situation, and Don I will keep you always in my mind.

Clemens
tjfroh
Full name: Timothy Frohlick

Post by tjfroh »

Fern, I am sure that Larry K. will convey your words to Don.
I thank Don for being a really keen and inventive guy. Birth and death are the crusts in the sandwich of life. The Don Dailey sandwich was scrumptous. TJF

fern wrote:What a sad new you give to us!
I hope that at least Don will pass away without pain and in the calm state of soul coming from having had a plentiful life, full of achievements.
If you can see him before the end. please say to him that I, from such a far country, think in him and am with him

Fern
A New Way Comes Upon Earth.
God is an infinitely variable Constant.
Man marks his ground with ideologies.
Galaxies are the dreidels of God.
War is a punishment for implacability.
Peace flows from forgiveness of sins.
pohl4711
Full name: Stefan Pohl

Post by pohl4711 »

Very, very sad news...

Stefan
Laskos
Full name: Kai Laskos

Post by Laskos »

pohl4711 wrote:Very, very sad news...

Stefan
Kai
ThatsIt

Post by ThatsIt »

Words fail me - all the best to you, Don!
G.S.