Don Dailey

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

Darkmoon

Re: Don Dailey

Post by Darkmoon »

lkaufman wrote:Don Dailey, my partner in the Komodo venture, has been transferred to a palliative care unit in the hospital. His leukemia has progressed to the point of no return, and he probably has only days left to live. His wife Mary agreed that it was better to inform the community of this rather than to wait until he dies to say anything. Don is at least glad to hear that Komodo will probably be in the TCEC final; hopefully he will at least live long enough to see that become definite. Don is 57 years old; a full obituary will appear here at the appropriate time.
Komodo will continue as a partnership between me and Mark Lefler, with Mary Dailey receiving an equal share of the proceeds. I'm in the hospital myself now, but I should be going home tomorrow with no further trouble expected.

Larry Kaufman
Don gave a lasting gift of remembrance to the computer chess community.

I believe that we are born into death-that is to say, everything that is born in this reality-dies. But, I strongly believe that we die into an ever lasting life.

May Don's Spirit remain strong and carry him into ever lasting life.
Albert Silver

Post by Albert Silver »

Please tell him that we have all loved his company, wisdom, and wit, and of course his love and passion for everything he invested himself into.

In fact, scratch that. Just tell him we love him.
"Tactics are the bricks and sticks that make up a game, but positional play is the architectural blueprint."
Volker Pittlik
Full name: Volker Pittlik

Post by Volker Pittlik »

This are really terrible news. i hope somehow Dan will rescued.

Volker
karger
Full name: John Karger

Post by karger »

He and his family will be in my prayers , respectfully ... John Karger
Sean Evans

Re: Don Dailey.

Post by Sean Evans »

Very sad news.

Please accept my sympathies and best wishes for Don Dailey and his family.

Best regards,

Sean Evans
zamar

Post by zamar »

Sorry to hear this.

All the best to him and his family.
Joona Kiiski
Kohflote

Post by Kohflote »

Truly sorry to hear the sad news. ....

Best wishes & regards,
Koh, Kah Huat
Sergei S. Markoff

Post by Sergei S. Markoff »

lkaufman wrote:Don Dailey, my partner in the Komodo venture, has been transferred to a palliative care unit in the hospital. His leukemia has progressed to the point of no return, and he probably has only days left to live. His wife Mary agreed that it was better to inform the community of this rather than to wait until he dies to say anything. Don is at least glad to hear that Komodo will probably be in the TCEC final; hopefully he will at least live long enough to see that become definite. Don is 57 years old; a full obituary will appear here at the appropriate time.
Komodo will continue as a partnership between me and Mark Lefler, with Mary Dailey receiving an equal share of the proceeds. I'm in the hospital myself now, but I should be going home tomorrow with no further trouble expected.

Larry Kaufman
Really sorry to hear this(((
The Force Be With You!
Jesse Gersenson

Post by Jesse Gersenson »

I can imagine you're chuckling at people talking about you in the past tense before you're dead!
pilgrimdan

Post by pilgrimdan »

I trust Don goes to a better place...

this life can really suck...

I am 57 years old...

and for the last 2 years...

my life has been really miserable...

no desire to live much anymore...