FIDE World Chess Championship thread

Discussion of anything and everything relating to chess playing software and machines.

Moderators: hgm, Rebel, chrisw

kgburcham

Re: FIDE World Chess Championship thread

Post by kgburcham »

gordonr wrote:
kgburcham wrote:the fans that deny how often the 2800 human blunders
That is partly because you regard all inaccuracies, such as Nd6 in the last Carlsen-Anand game, as a blunder. You denote everything with "??" - and not "?" or "?!" - which is not standard for chess literature. This may be your own definition - fair enough - but accept that it is not the common usage.

kgburcham wrote:Here is another blunder played by the world champion Carlsen, he could not see it
This was the 65th move of a blitz game.
Thanks Gordon for the info.
I expect a lot out of a guy that runs around telling everyone he is 2800 and makes 5 million a year and is worshipped by some fans.
I am thinking about changing my mind and not expecting as much out of the 2800 GM.
kgburcham
ZirconiumX

Re: FIDE World Chess Championship thread

Post by ZirconiumX »

kgburcham wrote:
gordonr wrote:
kgburcham wrote:the fans that deny how often the 2800 human blunders
That is partly because you regard all inaccuracies, such as Nd6 in the last Carlsen-Anand game, as a blunder. You denote everything with "??" - and not "?" or "?!" - which is not standard for chess literature. This may be your own definition - fair enough - but accept that it is not the common usage.

kgburcham wrote:Here is another blunder played by the world champion Carlsen, he could not see it
This was the 65th move of a blitz game.
Thanks Gordon for the info.
I expect a lot out of a guy that runs around telling everyone he is 2800 and makes 5 million a year and is worshipped by some fans.
I am thinking about changing my mind and not expecting as much out of the 2800 GM.
kgburcham
Would you use a 2800 Elo engine for analysis?

Matthew:out
Some believe in the almighty dollar.

I believe in the almighty printf statement.